Planning on a turbo

riironman

Donating Member
Registered
I been pondering a turbo for about a year . I have 12,000 miles on my machine now. I wanted to keep my motor stock with a stage 1 turbo. But since i have 12,000 miles I am thinking it might need to be rebuilt for reliabilty. My goal was to spend about $5000 on a good turbo set up. is my numbers kinda low? I wanted 250- 275 hp or more on my stock motor . i would love to have a nice blow off valve and a dump pimp(love the pssshh shaaa sound). Any thoughts my turbo people?

what i plan on doing is getting my set up running.with the best i can go with with injectors fuel rail ect intercooler ect...have they delivery system sound. running low boost 280 300 for the first year then the next winter go all out with pistons rods ect...i can not afford to do it all at once.so breaking it up into stages i won't cut corners just to get it running.

rock.gif

riironman if you need some help let me know,Burt

<!--EDIT|TURBO1320
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149716588 -->

And in response to your original post...Does your bike have any weaknesses that you know of???Trans slipping, valves tapping, etc...If not a stage 1 kit will be fine no need to rebuild the motor unless you know of an existing problem...If you have a problem and do the install the HP will enhance the problem...

I always do a leak down and compresison test and adjust your valves,I do this on new motors and ones that have miles on them, When you build a motor and you check compression and when the compression stops going up its broke in it doesnt matter how many miles you put on the motor thats for the Dealers to tell people so they dont go out and peg there bike wide open.

no weakness i know of...but my motor did get a little louder...i think just regular wear and tear. My worst nightmares are coming true...my brother wants to boost his 06 gsxr 1000. damn brotherly competition
mad.gif

Just got off the phone with burt....it looks i am going turbo with him..I am gonna have the bike with bling bling and POWER.

Don't worry about the miles as long as it's running good and has been taken care of. I just put a stg1 on mine and it has just over 24K on the clock.

Back