How would you build a turbo motor if you had $6k

gsxr907

Registered
Just wondering if you had a turbo 10psi wanted to run safe on 93 all day long, what would you do and who would you recommend? Street bike...
6,000 to spend???
I have a stock motor with turbo pistons...and a hahn stage 1

Last edited:
Crank Studs
Head Bolts
Spacer Plate
Rods-Carrillo with Carr Bolts or Crower with 280k bolts
You got Pistons already,would do new rings
Pro Cut Tranny,Billet Output Shaft,HD shift shafts and new shift forks
Fresh Bearings
Adjustable cam sprockets
Gaskets

Ok thats a start...this is my 3rd Hayabusa now....1st was a 02 I left stock....2nd was a 05 LE I piped....this one I just bought and it only has 1600 miles on it...
I am new to turbo bikes...
With that said I am very green.
Would a 1398 or even bigger be any help...I know the trans upgrade is a must.

2006 Hayabusa Hahn Turbo 1300 miles.jpg

Last edited:
start by selling your hahn kit and buying a kit equipped to handle 10 psi

your fuel system is subpar and so is your wastegate.

If you sold your hahn kit and bought a used rcc and sent it out for a secondary injector setup....you would be sub $6k

spacer plate+ studs with your pistons and you could run 10 psi no problem if tuned properly.

If you shop right you could have a real base to build from rather than add band aids to the hahn which will not hold up over time.

It doesn't take much for a stock motor to handle 10 psi.

Crank Studs
Head Bolts
Spacer Plate
Fresh Bearings
Adjustable cam sprockets
Gaskets

holy over kill batman

I build motors once
am guessing rebuilding is out of the question when you do it right the first time
Crank Studs
Head Bolts
Spacer Plate
Fresh Bearings
Adjustable cam sprockets
Gaskets

I build motors once you can rebuild the same one as many times as you want..

HE ASKED I ANSWERED :laugh:

ewwwww......

nothing you mentioned guarantees the bike will hold together...you threw a bunch of money at an application that doesn't require it...

sounds like a typical shop who wants to sell things people don't need.

I would send it to this guy...since he "builds" motors and knows what he is doing.

CloudNineMotorSports.com Website is Gone

yep listen to that guy...and go run 93 octane through that engine on a nice long top speed run at 10 psi...

get a guarantee in writing before you do.

SHOW ME MR GARY WHERE I SAID HE WOULD RUN 10PSI ON PUMP GAS ANYWHERE...I advise ALL MY CUSTOMERS before I sell them anything on what route to take on any build,whether a $100 front brake build or $5-10k motor build...Never a doubt as you will get it all before I sell you anything,main reason I ask my customers to call don't just buy it as I 98% of the time know what works and doesn't,get that from a board..

Comments like yours is EXACTLY why I'm going back to just building bikes,the net has all the correct answers and so do most of the users of it :rofl: ever wonder why there is a dying breed of real mechanics,peek in the mirror..

sorry to post starter,oh and I won't respond again either gary,take care...

Last edited:
SHOW ME MR GARY WHERE I SAID HE WOULD RUN 10PSI ON PUMP GAS ANYWHERE...I advise ALL MY CUSTOMERS before I sell them anything on what route to take on any build,whether a $100 front brake build or $5-10k motor build...Never a doubt as you will get it all before I sell you anything,main reason I ask my customers to call don't just buy it as I 98% of the time know what works and doesn't,get that from a board..

Comments like yours is EXACTLY why I'm going back to just building bikes,the net has all the correct answers and so do most of the users of it :rofl: ever wonder why there is a dying breed of real mechanics,peek in the mirror..

sorry to post starter,oh and I won't respond again either gary,take care...

um read the post Danny

He asked for how to spend $6k so he could:

a turbo 10psi wanted to run safe on 93 all day long, what would you do and who would you recommend? Street bike...
6,000 to spend

your reply was your answer...not my fault you didn't read and respond correctly.

Back