Big valved head on Turbo Busa?

Birdoprey

Registered
Long story short, i had a 1623cc Carpenter motor that threw a rod through the cases. Decided that i'm going to put together a stk motor or maybe mild motor and go with a turbo. I picked up a Hahn turbo kit already. Has 16g turbo with external waste gate. From searching, i'm guessing it will support 300-320whp? If so, i want to put it together to support 300-320 to the wheel.
Anyway, wondering if my Carpenter head would be worth using on this or should i go with more of a stock head? It has 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves. I will be selling my Carpenter cams and either running stk cams or two stk intake cams.

Long story short, i had a 1623cc Carpenter motor that threw a rod through the cases. Decided that i'm going to put together a stk motor or maybe mild motor and go with a turbo. I picked up a Hahn turbo kit already. Has 16g turbo with external waste gate. From searching, i'm guessing it will support 300-320whp? If so, i want to put it together to support 300-320 to the wheel.
Anyway, wondering if my Carpenter head would be worth using on this or should i go with more of a stock head? It has 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves. I will be selling my Carpenter cams and either running stk cams or two stk intake cams.
Hi. I am building a big valve head with Web turbo cam with ss valves intake and Inconal exhaust valves with bronze valve seats and guides also JE custom 10 1/2 to 1 pistons and custon C P Corrello rods. It is a Gen 1 with a Gen 2 Marine crank I am still using the 20mm pins. So yes use the head!

It will support 300 ish whp, but the hahn headers are known to crack.
Like what @ItsDooomz said, sell the head or trade it for a stock motor. No reason to build a motor if your goal is 300 hp
Gen 1 or 2 bike?

When I was 1397 turbo My bike had a HMP Stetson head on it with 1mm O/S valves bike ran decent up top but had NOTHING down low
Switched to 1298 with Turbo pistons Then the head seemed too big, I was having a hard time with the bike 100' out would RPM drop to 4'500 rpm and then it would not pull the wings off a butterfly till 6,200ish
Put a stock head back on and it is much better,

When I was 1397 turbo My bike had a HMP Stetson head on it with 1mm O/S valves bike ran decent up top but had NOTHING down low
Switched to 1298 with Turbo pistons Then the head seemed too big, I was having a hard time with the bike 100' out would RPM drop to 4'500 rpm and then it would not pull the wings off a butterfly till 6,200ish
Put a stock head back on and it is much better,
Did you make any adjustments to the lockup you were running when you switched to the stk head? Seems rpm dropping is more due to clutch coming in too quick.

I'm leaning more toward running a stk motor since it will support the hp the turbo is capable of. No need in complicating things...

Did you make any adjustments to the lockup you were running when you switched to the stk head? Seems rpm dropping is more due to clutch coming in too quick.

I'm leaning more toward running a stk motor since it will support the hp the turbo is capable of. No need in complicating things...
No that was a big part of the problem. but how long it took to get "back on it" was way better with the small head

I used a stock head, for three meltdowns after that like you said, if the turbo can do more then the rest of the motor can handle.....................................

Back