turbo head work

Car shop does not scare me There is a shop here in town that I use all the time for "basic" refresh valve jobs all the time
Kinda looking for some one with a little turbo busa experience so I cn discuss wheather valve size changes or maybe a blank canvas is the way to go

start with fresh head,talk with rodney wiliford and sell old head. Also don't get radical with cams if turbo either...

I suppose you can replace guides if you like, but there really isn't any benefit that we've seen.

If you want to spend anywhere close to $4000 on a head, let me know...It would have to be some radical stuff to justify charging that much ;-) Our full prostreet head comes in at less than the lowest number you posted. I get the "but why does so and so charge so much more" all of the time. When I ask if they have gone 228, 230, or 232 mph on a prostreet legal turbo Hayabusa, the answer is always no...

Perhaps we need to raise the prices?

Bronze seats are another thing....they are actually softer than OEM, and were oiginally intended for use with softer Titanium valves. We use them sometimes when repairing heads, however we also use sintered iron blends.

Do they transfer heat better? Perhaps, but I have not seen any noticeable difference in actual seat/ valve life on our turbo bikes...we tend to push them pretty hard.
We put them in, but usually not just for the sake of doing so. Again...I guess If I told people they were better and recommended we could charge more...

I did replace the "seats" on this one... :-)

59666270_2217001898380057_5890157371375747072_o.jpg

I suppose you can replace guides if you like, but there really isn't any benefit that we've seen.

If you want to spend anywhere close to $4000 on a head, let me know...It would have to be some radical stuff to justify charging that much ;-) Our full prostreet head comes in at less than the lowest number you posted. I get the "but why does so and so charge so much more" all of the time. When I ask if they have gone 228, 230, or 232 mph on a prostreet legal turbo Hayabusa, the answer is always no...

Perhaps we need to raise the prices?
Yes, I spent a lot! When I sold it, one of the first things to go, I only lost 300.00. I had 4,038.00 in the head ready to go on! I was fortunate the folks that bought my air cooled bike knew some folks that wanted it. I believe it made its way to a pro street bike on the east coast.
It takes a lot of chips to run 230 out the back! I almost bought a top 10 Pro street bike a little over a year ago, I have trust issues and backed out, lost some money. Then decided to build a Real Street and then God had other plans.
Legal being a figure of speech ya? LOL!

Is his a completed combustion chamber? Obviously ran before seat replacement?
Yes, that is a Bronze chamber )some call it a Skull) that I put in a head. Went 6.68 last fall and had no issues. It takes ALOT of time to make one of those, primarily with the blending of the bronze and aluminum in the ports as the bronze is so much harder and it is tough, to get the blend areas relatively smooth. The seats ARE the chamber on this one.

Yes, that is a Bronze chamber )some call it a Skull) that I put in a head. Went 6.68 last fall and had no issues. It takes ALOT of time to make one of those, primarily with the blending of the bronze and aluminum in the ports as the bronze is so much harder and it is tough, to get the blend areas relatively smooth. The seats ARE the chamber on this one.
Yes, Time and patience!

Back