Back from the 1/8th mile.

BoostCreep

Registered
I have a couple of videos a buddy took that he's sending to me, I'll post them when I get a chance. This was my first time racing a bike of any sorts down the drag strip and I... I need some work. I was running with a buddy though who has done this a couple times before, we ended up running almost the same times (His best was 6.84@110.86mph). Sucks because I was probably going to beat him but during my best 60' of the night I messed up my 1st-2nd shift.

Bike + Mods:
2003 Hayabusa w/ 19.5k miles
Lowering Strap
145lb rider

Conditions:
Hot and humid as HELL

Best:
60' - 1.82 (Not the same run as the best ET/MPH)
1/8 ET - 6.87
1/8 MPH - 110.76

I wanna get back out there! If I could pull a 6.6 and a 1.7 60' I would be super, super pleased. First things first though, I need a new Cush in the worst way.

after a cush drive you will need a brocks clutch upgrade, without something like this, you are always gonna be lacking

With you weighing 145lb I would suggest a clutch mod to start...... I wouldnt do springs or cushion yet. Being that your so light your not stressing the clutch like a 200lb guy does... if you do too much you will start to wheelie alot because the clutch will lock up not slip

With 20k miles on the bike and the stock cushion still on the back, it has a good 1/8th inch + of play, just took the wheel off and there are chunks missing from it... While I would normally take your suggestion, it's just not in good shape at all. Although could you please elaborate on 'clutch mod?' I'm very new to this bike still.

Thanks!

Ohhhhh, nice piece... What was Suzuki's purpose of this 'back-torque cam assembly' they are talking about? Why was it added to the bike in the first place?

With 20k miles on the bike and the stock cushion still on the back, it has a good 1/8th inch + of play, just took the wheel off and there are chunks missing from it... While I would normally take your suggestion, it's just not in good shape at all. Although could you please elaborate on 'clutch mod?' I'm very new to this bike still.

Thanks!

Yeah if the cushion is gone then definitely replace it.... I was not aware the cushion was in that shape. I would suggest the clutch mod like methyman posted or is you know someone that welds you can have your stock one welded up. That thing will fly once you get the clutch down!!!

Our local track pro is around 155 suited. I have watched him run a 9.9 on a stock gen 1 busa in a 15 mph headwind.

Onlything it will change on your daily rider is when you downshift at a high rpm your tire may hop from the decrease in engine rpm.. The back limiter is to prevent smoother downshifts before coming into turns.
If you ridden before you know how to properly downshift at high RPMS.

Back