1/8 mile track

Yes, it's possible...not easy, and would take a lot of seat time, but it is possible.

I would have to see it!! I would even pay and travel to bet no one here can get a stock GENII to 60ft in the low 1.59 - 1.62 range! Stock meaning stock, no straps, no axle weights, no clutch mods.
It was all I could do to get mid 1.7's out of mine and I been down the track a few times on motorcycles over the past 20 years.

I have never ridden a genI busa out of a 60ft unstrapped in its stock stance.
I have 60ft better on a GSXR750 with a cable clutch if not mistaken I could launch that in the high 1.6's with a great launch but the clutch was screaming and I am sure turning purple from the holeshot, cant slip a stock genII busa clutch very much. I also have 60ft my stock length VMAX with a drive shaft out of the hole as low as 1.55's strapped in the front with a slick,

Had a grudge race with a zx14 last night. Barona 1/8th mile in So Cal. We're both stock motor, with gearing, lowered and slightly stretched. He was my height and probably weighed 15 - 20 lbs heavier than me. He was running 6.0s all night, and we both went out in the first round of bracket (I red lighted by -.001 :banghead:)
My rt was .072; 60ft 1.41, et 5.842 @120.556. My fastest run to date!
He ran another 6.0
Everyone wanted to race until I ripped off that 5.8 :whistle:
A stock gen II is capable of some serious, serious speed! :bowdown:
What was your gearing ratio

Back