1st 1/8 mile track

bigblue

Registered
Last night I finally ran at the local 1/8 mile track. To my surprise, nobody could cross the line with me. I weight 290 lbs and thought that all the 1000's and Busa's were going to smoke my heavy butt. My 60ft times suck! My best time was a 6.82 @ 109.46. 60ft was 1.81 because I am not leaving with my elbow up enough! I red lighted twice in the beginning because I did not know that my Shinko Hook-up would hook up that well. I am also sitting 8 over, lowered and strapped. My electric shifter should be in this week hopefully. I really like the 17/46 sprockets too.

Here is a picture.

9-8-11 270.jpg

Nice times! Sweet looking bike man.. really nice. Also.. Where did you get the front wheel stabailizer?

If thats your first time on the strip, you did very good. My first time on a bike at the strip I was in the 7.20s My best lap to date is 5.98 on a genI but its taken a lot of $$$$ and practice, great job!

I got the wheel chock from harbor freight. It was my second time at a track, but my first time at the 1/8 mile.

Good for your first outing. Get that 60 down and watch what happens. It's tough being a big guy (I'm about 20lbs lighter than you) watching lightweights run good numbers.

Good times bigblue!! Im with mr brown.. Being a larger rider sucks!! I was 235lbs............. after seeing all these light weight run crazy times and a push from kidneys stones I down to 199lbs. I watched our local pro rider 155lb,his dad 200lbs and my tuner/builder 215lb all jockey the same bike. 8.80 for the kid,9.3 for the dad and 9.4 for the tuner.

The best mod I have done to date is the RSM clutch. Its pricey!! I went from a 10.08@138 to a 9.56@140 right off the trailer. after some tuning a 9.47@144. Mines a gen 1.

Back