1/8 mile track

sportcustoms71

Registered
just got back from the local track.....the 1/8 mile is way to short of a track for the busa . i barely got through 2nd and the race was over...my best run: r/t .521, time 6.88, mph 112.50.....it was my best run

Might need gear down 4 1/8th you have stock gearing?
I have gotten 6.29 out of 112mph
What was your short time?

yeah she's bone stock, when i got near the end of the track is when i felt she really wanted to run. my 60 was 1.737. i found out she's a heavy girl compared to my old gsxr 1000.

We got two 1/8 mile tracks near went once never go back to watch anything run on it .... to short....hell 1/4 race is pretty short 1/8 is just unacceptable for me

Bone Stock 09 model 3400 miles 255lbs
ok7go1.jpg

The bike was NOT lowered, Sitting high and proud. STOCK as off the floor, I couldnt get WOT in first, front end began to lift to high and would also lift throttle shifting into 2nd.
And those that know of the GEN2 slipper clutch from the factory, SUCKS for clutch control for holeshots. Plus I am over 245 suited up.
I have no doubt in my mind if I strapped it and had the brocks clutch mod I could easily get into the 6.20 range, lost a lot of ET with no clutch control and MPH duewhich to no WOT till mid 2nd gear which is 1/2 track

Had a grudge race with a zx14 last night. Barona 1/8th mile in So Cal. We're both stock motor, with gearing, lowered and slightly stretched. He was my height and probably weighed 15 - 20 lbs heavier than me. He was running 6.0s all night, and we both went out in the first round of bracket (I red lighted by -.001 :banghead:)
My rt was .072; 60ft 1.41, et 5.842 @120.556. My fastest run to date!
He ran another 6.0
Everyone wanted to race until I ripped off that 5.8 :whistle:
A stock gen II is capable of some serious, serious speed! :bowdown:

I bet if I put in B mode it would have went faster atleast I might have had a chance at WOT for 1st and 2nd.
Yeah all you with your less then 1.7 60ft's you all know you have atleast the front strapped down or the clutch mod at the very least.
Yes, I was dissapointed a little I was hoping for more MPH, on the street I can get to 130 under 7 seconds but thats WOT 1nd 2nd into 3rd toating the wheel perfect, the track is a different story even more so ones that use VHT and are prepped correct with all concrete.

I bet if I put in B mode it would have went faster atleast I might have had a chance at WOT for 1st and 2nd.
Yeah all you with your less then 1.7 60ft's you all know you have atleast the front strapped down or the clutch mod at the very least.
Yes, I was dissapointed a little I was hoping for more MPH, on the street I can get to 130 under 7 seconds but thats WOT 1nd 2nd into 3rd toating the wheel perfect, the track is a different story even more so ones that use VHT and are prepped correct with all concrete.

There's no way I would 'drag launch' the busa without a clutch mod installed. The back torque limiter can't handle the load! Bad stuff can happen in a very short amount of time.

Still, without straps, you can run low 6s/high 5s in the 60ft.

The bike was NOT lowered, Sitting high and proud. STOCK as off the floor, I couldnt get WOT in first, front end began to lift to high and would also lift throttle shifting into 2nd.
And those that know of the GEN2 slipper clutch from the factory, SUCKS for clutch control for holeshots. Plus I am over 245 suited up.
I have no doubt in my mind if I strapped it and had the brocks clutch mod I could easily get into the 6.20 range, lost a lot of ET with no clutch control and MPH duewhich to no WOT till mid 2nd gear which is 1/2 track

Busa doesn't have a slipper clutch.

There's no way I would 'drag launch' the busa without a clutch mod installed. The back torque limiter can't handle the load! Bad stuff can happen in a very short amount of time.

Still, without straps, you can run low 6s/high 5s in the 60ft.

low 6's high 5's 60ft times with a stock swingarm and no straps? :sulk:

Back