First Time Out

hyyaqt,

Not bad for your first time out but you have a lot of learning to do, which only comes with time and practice....practice....practice......
wink.gif

You need to slip the clutch more and be smoother with the release.  Listen to the video how your engine revs and then as you let the clutch out to quick, the motor bogs.  That is killing your 60' big time!  YOu also need to get you body lower on the tank.  You should be launching almost in a full tuck!

The other main thing that is killing your time/MPH is shifting!  You need to be shifting without the clutch (hand) lever!  You should just be bliping the throttle and then WOT again.  This should get you close to the 140's!  With a proper launch and NO WHEELIE, you should get low/mid 140's with your setup.  

Once you get serious, you can lower it and go even quicker!  If you can get down to 9.9-10.2 STOCK you are ridding it well.  Once you lower it, you should be mid/high 9's consistently!  
biggrin.gif

Good luck!  Wish I was still stationed at Keesler AFB to show you what I mean.  Let us know your progress.

Josh
blues.gif

P.S.  If the track is NHRA certified they are required to wear full leathers if over 125MPH.  Otherwise, a kill is only required running faster than 9.9!  Most of the smaller tracks overlook these rules to increase people to show up and run!  Otherwise, they won't race!
sad.gif
Thanks for all of the great information. I'll be better next time, since I won't be as nervous either about the track. I really had no idea what to expect on my first time there. I'll try to go back and read all of this again right before I go next time!

Steven

Back