$3,119.50

Have Storms on my '04 and for my riding style I love them great traction in wet and dry situations and excellant wear. Unless he has changed Scar was running the Michelin Pilot Road2 which is another great sport touring tire with great handling and longevity.

Good memory, Dean! :beerchug:

Should be looking for a tyre sponsor Scar you would make good advertising :laugh: We have a few guys here who have tyre sponsors for the amount of miles they do:thumbsup:

Should be looking for a tyre sponsor Scar you would make good advertising :laugh: We have a few guys here who have tyre sponsors for the amount of miles they do:thumbsup:

Absolutely...on the table. Got some discussions going on with some other manufacturers, as well.

Great minds. :beerchug:

At this juncture though, the determination is--if it's a bigger benefit as a tax deduction.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Michelin PP2CTs. I've tried a couple of other brands over the years, but every time I scrub them bald and get on another set of 2CTs, I feel like I just got home.

There are other great tires out there...

I like em too...I found a way to dramatically cut the cost on tires with a small up front cost...

I looked around on Ebay a while back and purchased some extra wheels and have different tires for different occasions. No use burning off the middle of my good street tires at the strip or using one set of tires for different tracks. I swap them out for each occasion, and get many many more miles out of my 2CT's this way.

I think it saves a lot in the long run~!~

What you spent in tires last year is what I will spend this year in getting Imelda fixed! I so wish I could ride as much as you Scar!

So how many miles for the year? about 30k?

Something just shy, Doyle...28k :beerchug:

2009 Mileage.jpg

Hmmm...I guess 29k. While a little further from the 01JAN, it's another 'click.'

62000 11JAN10 (with Text).jpg

I pay to play.......Don't keep track of how much it cost, i'm gonna play no matter what! :laugh:

I'm a HUGE fan of the Michelin PP2CTs. I've tried a couple of other brands over the years, but every time I scrub them bald and get on another set of 2CTs, I feel like I just got home.

There are other great tires out there...

+1, really is a great tire and works great on my 08', although I run a PR2CT (road2) rear and PP2CT front. The PP2CT front looks like it will be done about the same time as the rear. Curious, how much mileage do you get on a rear PP2CT?

With the combo I run I'm at 4400 on the current rear right now, and about 2.5mm to the wear bar. Granted, all those miles were in the "winter" season here, the roads are sandy etc, and there hasn't been a lot of aggressive riding and tire grinding.

+1, really is a great tire and works great on my 08', although I run a PR2CT (road2) rear and PP2CT front. The PP2CT front looks like it will be done about the same time as the rear. Curious, how much mileage do you get on a rear PP2CT?

With the combo I run I'm at 4400 on the current rear right now, and about 2.5mm to the wear bar. Granted, all those miles were in the "winter" season here, the roads are sandy etc, and there hasn't been a lot of aggressive riding and tire grinding.

Interesting combo. Why do you do that? On purpose? If so, to what gain?

Mileage definitely varies depending on the time of year (pavement temp and also type)... I get equal mileage between the Road2s and the 2CTs. Love them both equally. My next set, though, is going to be the Pilot Pure.

:beerchug:

Interesting combo. Why do you do that? On purpose? If so, to what gain?

Mileage definitely varies depending on the time of year (pavement temp and also type)... I get equal mileage between the Road2s and the 2CTs. Love them both equally. My next set, though, is going to be the Pilot Pure.

:beerchug:

I run the PR2CT on the rear to get a bit more mileage out of it, while still having great traction up front from the PP2CT.. so yes, on purpose. So what I gain is a buying a few less tires a year, with giving up very little performance. The PR2's are surprisingly good for an "ST" tire. Most of my riding is long distance riding with some occasional twisties thrown in, so the combo is a good compromise. I've always run a similar setup on bikes, a bit stickier front, with a bit longer lasting rear.

Back