Performace and appearance mods:

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
I am always looking for new stuff to do to my bikes.
But there is so much stuff out there.
Some things work.
Some things don’t.

What are the things that you feel make the biggest difference or are sometimes overlooked (appearance and performance). What did you add that guaranteed huge hp gains that did not deliver or were more trouble than it was worth. Or what was that 10$ part that made you bike really stand out.

For instance:
I would of never spent the money (around 1200$) to change my master to a brembo and add the Spiegler full floating rotors and SS lines. I had the idea that if it was not to make the bike look cool or make it go faster f- it.

But now that I have a busa that already has them I would add this before anything else.
I have spent many hours on one with stock breaks so I know the difference it makes.
The breaking action is simply wonderful, progressive and predictable. It stops considerably quicker and makes a very cool clicking noise when you go over bumps as the rotors float (like factory bikes).
Worth every penny and wish everyone had them. Fast is important but being able to bring the big busa down to re-entry speed is more important.

So what parts should a busa owner should get and what are the one to say away from.

Back