Improving your skills!

So, what was a great "heads up" advisory post from an expert level rider/coach has devolved into a dispute about Shinkos?
Amazing how quality communication can turn into a primitive "you don't like what I like so you must suck" interaction. Raydog

Doyle...do a little research...Steven has been acting like a arse for a long time in several threads abouct tires and other products. He has been pushing everybody's buttons all over the board. Now they are having some fun with him...you play you pay.
Posted via Mobile Device

isn't your refusal to buy "rain tires", a direct contradiction to your premise that Shinko's are bad, and anyone that would rather save a few dollars on them is foolish.

Why would you risk your life, your bike and put others in danger too save money?

Mostly, because as a seasoned track coach, Tuf can pretty much ride the pants off most anyone else on this board, rain tires or not (no offense to the good riders here - I do NOT include myself in this group). Given the fact that it's merely PRACTICE for him to ride in the rain on Q2's compared to his students who are riding rain tires in order not to CRASH might give you a clue - but then again, maybe not. He had given me TONS of advice and hours of his time unselfishly to help make me a better/safer rider, and I am very appreciate of it. If you spent more time listening to what he was trying to say instead of running your mouth, you might learn something too.

Mostly, because as a seasoned track coach, Tuf can pretty much ride the pants off most anyone else on this board, rain tires or not (no offense to the good riders here - I do NOT include myself in this group). Given the fact that it's merely PRACTICE for him to ride in the rain on Q2's compared to his students who are riding rain tires in order not to CRASH might give you a clue - but then again, maybe not. He had given me TONS of advice and hours of his time unselfishly to help make me a better/safer rider, and I am very appreciate of it. If you spent more time listening to what he was trying to say instead of running your mouth, you might learn something too.

or.....

he could just be a hypocrite, that likes to talk about Shinko tires without ever using them.

Remember, its not my words.....its his own words he must defend.

It'd be impossible for me to improve my skills as I am clearly the best rider on the planet and there's no room for improvement.

I text in the rain while riding wheelies through the corners

It'd be impossible for me to improve my skills as I am clearly the best rider on the planet and there's no room for improvement.

I text in the rain while riding wheelies through the corners

Maybe so Rabbit but if your not doing it while sitting backwards on the seat you aren't as good as me :laugh:

I ride in the rain all the time and it sucks !
Thanks for the input and tips Tuffy Wuffy :kiss:

or.....

he could just be a hypocrite, that likes to talk about Shinko tires without ever using them.

When I see Spies and The Doctor on them, I'll belive it.

The truth is, just about any tire will do until you start to push it, that's when the men get separated from the boys.

Shinko's are really Korean knock off's of the Qualifiers.......................Korlops. I have a worn out Qualifier, if someone could send me a Korlop, I'll start a comparo thread. Then we will have a definative answer and maybe shut Tuf down for good. :thumbsup: If that doesn't work, I'm gonna mount a Korlop and ride it in the rain, but only after starting a mileage/crash pool.

BTW, I found this:
Buy two sets of Korlops and recieve a set of Chazzo's FREE! In your chioce of 5 colors.

:rofl:

When I see Spies and The Doctor on them, I'll belive it.

The truth is, just about any tire will do until you start to push it, that's when the men get separated from the boys.

More like the racer's from the rider's. The Doctor and Spies don't have a choice of brands, that's a club racer thing.

Let me quote something I read some place "There are no stupid questions but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"!

Strife: Signature line!

I Knew I read that somewhere,but couldn't place where. Thanks for pointing it out. :laugh:

So to add a stupid question to the mix....

Why would you ride on such tires on a wet track instead of rain tires like the others?

Doyle...do a little research...Steven has been acting like a arse for a long time in several threads abouct tires and other products. He has been pushing everybody's buttons all over the board. Now they are having some fun with him...you play you pay.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess I don't read enough threads on the org to be versed in "behind the scenes" stuff.
I just took this thread at face value.....I will say that, in dozens of track days and decades of canyon riding, I've never even seen a Shinko tire. To my small little mind, the brand's absence in those environments is the clear indicator of its non-qual status as a top tier tyre.

I go out and work my ass off all day and look at all the fun I missed, DAMNIT!

You guys are welcome to have all the fun you want at my expense. I have tuf skin and perfectly capable of carrying the load.

However, anyone of you with the bull dog mouth and the poodle dog a$$ are more than welcome to bring your outdated cheap arse shinkos along with your wallet out for a little play time. I'll greet you with a smile! :kiss: :moon:

:laugh:

I guess I don't read enough threads on the org to be versed in "behind the scenes" stuff.
I just took this thread at face value.....I will say that, in dozens of track days and decades of canyon riding, I've never even seen a Shinko tire. To my small little mind, the brand's absence in those environments is the clear indicator of its non-qual status as a top tier tyre.

You are a wise man!

I wise man once wrote:

Buying a good proven tire is like buying an insurance policy. That extra hundred
bucks is cheap for peace of mind knowing if you need it, its there!

and

Tires are THE MOST IMPORTANT item most of us will ever buy for our motorcycles.
That little black patch that connects the bike to the ground is indeed the only
thing seperating us from disaster. It's an absolute fact that the more grip at
the road surface the more and bigger mistakes the rider can make and stay on two
wheels.

I am amazed that anyone would risk thier life, or the safety of others just to save a few dollars.:poke:

:poke:anyway
i agree that riding in the rain helps teach you how to control the bike better.
the wet is slick, so you must be careful. well the dry is slick too. and if you do well on wet, it helps you be better on a dry road.

now back to your regularly scheduled "im frustrated, and can't wait for the ice to break so i can go ride" stick poking:poke:
:hide:

I wise man once wrote:

Buying a good proven tire is like buying an insurance policy. That extra hundred

and

the road surface the more and bigger mistakes the rider can make and stay on two
wheels.

I am amazed that anyone would risk thier life, or the safety of others just to save a few dollars.:poke:

This entire thread went right over the top of your head. Go look in the mirror, you probably have a 1970's flat top hair cut now. You can thank me later! :thumbsup:

The Q2's work just about as well as any street tire in the rain and better than any DOT race tire. I rode the Q's and had a fun slip and slide day going much faster than I ever would on the streets. I quickly found the comfort zone and was quite happy riding at a reduced speed. I knew before I arrived at the track that I would not be keeping up with guys on rain tires. Not even close!

I don't want to keep you in the dark and just so you know, I can have just as much fun with my Q2's in the wet as I can on rains, I just can't go as fast! I am wise enough to know the difference! :beerchug:

isn't your refusal to buy "rain tires", a direct contradiction to your premise that Shinko's are bad, and anyone that would rather save a few dollars on them is foolish.

Why would you risk your life, your bike and put others in danger too save money?

or.....

I wise man once wrote:

and

wheels.

You sure twist it around one way, then right back faster than you started.

Tuf has been a consistent advocate of "good proven" tires. Certainly getting in some rain practice is prudent as well and is the point of this thread. Opting for rain tires would defeat that. I don't know why you would JUMP to the conclusion that his not running a rain tire was solely a money saving decision.

What would be hypocritical would be the praising of the Q2's and running Stinkos. A wiseman should wait and pick a fight when his views are at least pertinent to the discussion.

You sure twist it around one way, then right back faster than you started.

Tuf has been a consistent advocate of "good proven" tires. Certainly getting in some rain practice is prudent as well and is the point of this thread. Opting for rain tires would defeat that. I don't know why you would JUMP to the conclusion that his not running a rain tire was solely a money saving decision.

What would be hypocritical would be the praising of the Q2's and running Stinkos. A wiseman should wait and pick a fight when his views are at least pertinent to the discussion.

I know you are blinded by friendship.....but he clearly stated he did not want to spend the money...

I'm just not interested in spending $400+ on rain tires to use once or twice a year.

This entire thread went right over the top of your head. Go look in the mirror, you probably have a 1970's flat top hair cut now. You can thank me later! :thumbsup:

The Q2's work just about as well as any street tire in the rain and better than any DOT race tire. I rode the Q's and had a fun slip and slide day going much faster than I ever would on the streets. I quickly found the comfort zone and was quite happy riding at a reduced speed. I knew before I arrived at the track that I would not be keeping up with guys on rain tires. Not even close!

I don't want to keep you in the dark and just so you know, I can have just as much fun with my Q2's in the wet as I can on rains, I just can't go as fast! I am wise enough to know the difference! :beerchug:

so, you decided to save money....and not buy a tire with superior grip.

HYPOCRITE.

Back