2021 ZX14

08BusaKY

Registered
Well they didn't end the ZX14r in 20. This 21 is on the Kawi website. They also have a 2021 C14
1601402990752.png

Last edited:
Looks like they’re milking out every last drop from that platform lol !
Nice machine, I’ve ridden both gens, impressive to say the least... considering the weight and size of them they handle and steer very nicely.
I’ll stick with my old ‘99 Busa though!

I sold my Busa to a dealer. I just like the ZX14r more. Not the looks although close.
I flushed my brakes and clutch on the Busa and had to take the left fairing off. The front bleeders on on the inside making it more difficult. I removed them to flush. Below are things I like about the ZX14 better.
I had a little over 3800 miles on the Busa. I now have 1000 on the ZX.

• No need to remove fairing for oil filter change although I just used to loosen the bottom and side.
  • No need to remove fairing for bleeding clutch, cleaning under sprocket cover or replace sprocket.
  • Bleeders on front calibers are on the outside.
  • Great low end power.
  • Braided brake lines.
  • A little more comfortable.
  • Has a centerstand.
  • Rear master cylinder is easier to get to.
  • Traction control
  • Seems to handle as good for my type of riding.
  • Gauges.

I sold my Busa to a dealer. I just like the ZX14r more. Not the looks although close.
I flushed my brakes and clutch on the Busa and had to take the left fairing off. The front bleeders on on the inside making it more difficult. I removed them to flush. Below are things I like about the ZX14 better.

• No need to remove fairing for oil filter change although I just used to loosen the bottom and side.
  • No need to remove fairing for bleeding clutch, cleaning under sprocket cover or replace sprocket.
  • Great low end power.
  • Braided brake lines.
  • Has a centerstand.
  • Traction control
  • Gauges.

Sorry, you're still not getting me to go to the "dark side" and change out my Hayabusa...LOL!

Joe just wait till its plug change / valve adjustment time . Everything mentioned is out the window vs the Bird. ;) Glad you like it that much though , and center stand is nice .

I like the fact the Hayabusa is one of the last of the "old school" bikes with limited electronics and simplicity to service and maintain. Bikes are getting too complicated these days especially the BMW bikes which require connection to the "Mother Ship" for just about everything.

My Hayabusa reminds me of my '85 GSXR-simple yet great.

• Great low end power.
  • Braided brake lines.
  • Has a centerstand.
  • Traction control
  • Gauges.
Let us know if you still feel the same about maintenance when it comes time for the valve check. Really hate to see you sucked in by a few simple things and that traction control but I figure as many as you been thru there's a good chance you'll show up with another busa of not at least keep us updated with any issues you have with the kaw so we have something to entertain us while we all wait on the Gen 3 :laugh: :poke:

• Great low end power.
  • Braided brake lines.
  • Has a centerstand.
  • Traction control
  • Gauges.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Joe just wait till its plug change / valve adjustment time . Everything mentioned is out the window vs the Bird. ;) Glad you like it that much though , and center stand is nice .
CENTER STAND IF FIRST THING I TAKE OFF & THROW AWAY. EXCESS WEIGHT. NEVER USE 'EM

Back