2017 Busa

The 2017 hayabusa officially goes on sale today in India . Bastards are getting it first. dread the thought as most of them can't drive or ride for S **T
Further to that story apparently the hayabusa and other bikes are being assembled in India , even Harley Davidson's. scary thought.

Where's your source they are being built in india?
Site photos of India plant

harley-davidson-17-638.jpg

hdindia1.jpg

RTR39HRH-kDPD--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

BL14_HARLEY_P13_1082487f.jpg

Um i think they are building them there and selling them there (India)
According to Suzuki there going there as knock down kits and assemble there, they are doing the new GSXR125 as well. the first busa ( blue/black ) was sold on Monday .

Who would want VVT in a sport bike, especially a busa? That stupid poop right there.

To make the most useable power throughout the rpm range.
Without VVT you are going to sacrifice hp/trq somewhere in the rpms. Usually low to midrange.
So if Suzuki's VVT is efficient, the engine should be stronger and smoother throughout the rpms.

Anything can break.
Sometimes new designs/engines have bugs to be worked out.
I personally don't like the idea of drive by wire, but that's where technology is heading.
So if VVT is next for sport bikes, then it is what it is.
Good thing VVT is something than can improve engine performance...as most of us want that. And the mechanical differences should be minor.
I've been riding and wrenching for over 27 years.
I remember the fear and gripes of fuel injection being the new normal for sport bikes.
I love classic carburetted bikes...but for a modern sport bike, with already good suspension and handling, I wouldn't have carburetors.
FI is great, push the button and it fires right up, and runs right, no matter the temperature, humidity, weather, ect.
I want another gsxr1k, and will buy one that's a few years old. I personally don't need the latest and greatest, and will wait for prices to fall and any problems to be fixed.
You personally don't want VVT, and that is ok. But you have to accept that is where the future of gas engines is going, for the ones that aren't already there.
There should be plenty of great used bikes without it for years to come, and likely a few new ones.
Don't knock it til it's tried and tested.
VVT should give the gsxr1k the boost it needs right now.

Back