Patiently waiting for new Busa

groran1000

Registered
Man, the new Gen3 busa due to come out is on my mind a lot. I started to sell my 2017 BMW1000RR and get he 2020 model. I just want a powerful bike that won't burn my leg, even with good riding pants. With cruise control and that beautiful color screen!! I wish Suzuki would hurry as I already bought the 2017 with all the frills and all to kinda replace the Gen3, but it ain't doin it. I like high tech gadgetry, one of my pitfalls. So, Suzuki read this and HURRY!:banana:

Man, the new Gen3 busa due to come out is on my mind a lot. I started to sell my 2017 BMW1000RR and get he 2020 model. I just want a powerful bike that won't burn my leg, even with good riding pants. With cruise control and that beautiful color screen!! I wish Suzuki would hurry as I already bought the 2017 with all the frills and all to kinda replace the Gen3, but it ain't doin it. I like high tech gadgetry, one of my pitfalls. So, Suzuki read this and HURRY!:banana:

I feel your pain, I have several Suzuki’s but got fed up with waiting for the Gen-3.

Factory quick shifter, factory luggage, proper electronic cruise control, colour dash, 4 proper programable riding modes, adjustable boost, USB port, 220+hp with a quiet legal pipe, shift lights, lean angle displays, better paint, braided steel brake lines, factory fitted centre stand, angled tyre valves etc etc....

2nrhdsy.jpg

The awful new Kat and no Gen-3 meant I had to take my money elsewhere this year. Hopefully my next bike WILL be a Gen-3, unless Kawasaki do a naked Streetfighter version of the H2 or H2 SX.

Last edited:
Everybody has to ride something....even a green thing. These beasties seem to be doing Ok for themselves.

The way Suzuki develops bikes, you will be riding this a long time.

It's kind of scary to think of what's going to over shadow the H2 line next...

Last edited:
You are really still waiting? Better pack a big lunch you may be the only one still doing that.

I’m a huge Suzuki fan.
I currently have about 8, 5 complete and 3 long term projects / builds.

I recently went to my Suzuki main dealership for his End of Financial Year sale.

Since my last visit, he is now carrying a LOT less floor stock, half the showroom floor is now KTM’s.

The other thing I noticed so the lack of genuinely new bikes.
The Busa (although a great bike) is now 11 and heavily based around its 20 year old original.
The GSX-S1000 range and the new Kat (Kitten?) is based around a detuned 14 year old GSXR engine.
The current SV, Gladious, DL650, DL1000 range are all dragging out the life of the old V-twin range.

They were all good Designs in their day, and are all worth owning, but they are old!

Suzuki used to have line ups that were class leaders, showrooms where folk went to drool and dream. I just don’t see that now.

GSX1100’s, the Katana, 1150E, GSXR1100’s, the Busa, B-King, GSX1400 were all something special in their day. Sadly, I haven’t felt that way about Suzuki’s in a while.

The biggest deal recently has been Suzuki taking a fairly average naked bike, the GSX-S, adding some odd bodywork and a stupid 12ltr tank and proudly saying it’s a tribute to the Katana, a class leading Superbike in its day.

It’s not just a new Busa I dream off.
It’s Suzuki being a leading manufacturer once again .

I’m a huge Suzuki fan.
I currently have about 8, 5 complete and 3 long term projects / builds.

I recently went to my Suzuki main dealership for his End of Financial Year sale.

Since my last visit, he is now carrying a LOT less floor stock, half the showroom floor is now KTM’s.

The other thing I noticed so the lack of genuinely new bikes.
The Busa (although a great bike) is now 11 and heavily based around its 20 year old original.
The GSX-S1000 range and the new Kat (Kitten?) is based around a detuned 14 year old GSXR engine.
The current SV, Gladious, DL650, DL1000 range are all dragging out the life of the old V-twin range.

They were all good Designs in their day, and are all worth owning, but they are old!

Suzuki used to have line ups that were class leaders, showrooms where folk went to drool and dream. I just don’t see that now.

GSX1100’s, the Katana, 1150E, GSXR1100’s, the Busa, B-King, GSX1400 were all something special in their day. Sadly, I haven’t felt that way about Suzuki’s in a while.

The biggest deal recently has been Suzuki taking a fairly average naked bike, the GSX-S, adding some odd bodywork and a stupid 12ltr tank and proudly saying it’s a tribute to the Katana, a class leading Superbike in its day.

It’s not just a new Busa I dream off.
It’s Suzuki being a leading manufacturer once again .

You sure said a mouthful there and every word of it the stark truth. Suzuki is floundering so far behind, it's almost as if the demise of the company is imminent.

Other than Kawasaki, none of the other Japanese 4 have really put out anything stellar or cutting edge lately.

It almost seems like they just don't care about which products they put out...maybe things will turn around, maybe not.

Many people are going to the BMW line up these days

Yes, I see a lot of BMW’s, Triumphs and KTM’s around here.
Although not ground breaking the Yamaha MT range are popular too.

Cars are similar. Australia used to be heavily Ford and Holden (GM) fans, now Toyota tops all the sales and companies like Kia who were dismissed in the past have gone from 10th, to 9th to 7th over the last 3 years and are growing.

Ford is even going to give up on cars except for the Mustang....

Hyundai and Kias are all over the place here too and of course the Japanese cars.

Pick up trucks and SUVs rule the roads around here.

I know... I hate suv's
I don't mind some of them. My brother has a Toyota 4 Runner and it's quite nice...it's about the only one I like.

We rented a 2019 Jeep Sahara a couple months ago and didn't care for it too much, I kind of thought I would have liked it more.

I do however love my pick up truck...

I recently bought a base model Hilux as a run- around.

I’m in the trade and get a discount but we have over 14,000 cars at work so I pretty much get to try a very wide range. My Hilux was built in Thailand but it’s easily as good as the completion for Japan or the EU. The Hilux is the best selling car in Australia the last few years.

I’ve driven over 50 of the 3.3 Twin Turbo Kia Stingers recently. Kia really are moving forward, and the sister company Hyundai with their hot little i30N that’s a whole heap of fun. Cops here are now getting Kia Stingers as highway patrol cars.

Sadly, both Ford and Holden (GM) have stopped building in Australia not and only import vehicles.

I recently bought a base model Hilux as a run- around.

I’m in the trade and get a discount but we have over 14,000 cars at work so I pretty much get to try a very wide range. My Hilux was built in Thailand but it’s easily as good as the completion for Japan or the EU. The Hilux is the best selling car in Australia the last few years.

I’ve driven over 50 of the 3.3 Twin Turbo Kia Stingers recently. Kia really are moving forward, and the sister company Hyundai with their hot little i30N that’s a whole heap of fun. Cops here are now getting Kia Stingers as highway patrol cars.

Sadly, both Ford and Holden (GM) have stopped building in Australia not and only import vehicles.

Kia got gobbled up by Hyundai and they have poached the designer from BMW...they can only get better...a former co-worker has a Genesis sedan and that car is a serious machine...he used to be a big Mercedes fan but he says this car is every bit as good.

I recall the Pony days...

Kia got gobbled up by Hyundai and they have poached the designer from BMW...they can only get better...a former co-worker has a Genesis sedan and that car is a serious machine...he used to be a big Mercedes fan but he says this car is every bit as good.

I recall the Pony days...

I do outside sales and so far have put 210,000 miles on my 2012 Kia Optima. Other than standard maintenance, the only repairs needed have been a fuel pump and AC compressor. I’ve been very impressed with Kia quality. A lot of car for the money too. All the competitive cars I looked at were $10,000 more to get one equivalently loaded. I’ll buy another Kia when this one eventually wears out.

Back