Routine maintenance for my Z

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
My Kawasaki was ‘assembled’ in December of 2017 and I bought it in November of 2018 so the brake fluid and coolant will be five years old in a few months. As I was looking it over at the shop I noticed the right fork leg was leaking so they’ll be replaced too. Valve check, coolant, brake fluid and fork seals. OK for a five year old bike with almost 20,000 miles on it I guess. I got new grommets for the cam cover bolts, new cam cover gasket and get this, spark plug ‘gaskets’! :laugh:

I am going to do engine ice this winter i think. So far it runs cool with no issues so i havent made it a priority yet. Plastic will come off this winter for more adjustments and some plastic wield on the 2 side peices as they are actually 2 pieces each and the tabs dont like to hold them connected.

Stainless steel brake lines and Engine-Ice coolant!

Oh I thought of those. I’ve had them on all my bikes but the OEM lines coupled with ABS and the monoblock calipers (very similar to Brembos) make for a pretty good feel under braking. And (and) I priced a set and they’re around $300!:eek: Next time for sure though. As for engine ice, I’ve never had an over heating issue and I’ve heard that a regular coolant mix is better for engine longevity.

Hmmmm, maybe I’ll turn it into this….

A54C9B4E-49DC-4627-AF95-8F374839F40E.jpeg

Back