Is Suzuki Updating The Hayabusa

If your looking for more of a Duke or FZ feel to your busa, play with your sprockets. It won't change the weight of the bike but you can make the front end feel lighter. You will hurt your top end but it doesn't sound like your looking to have a 200 MPH bike anyway.

I think everyone is missing my point. I'm merely stating that the Busa doesn't really need a bunch more power. The street is the great equalizer and unless you get your kicks from 60 mph roll-ons; the difference between 190 and 200 isn't really going to be that noticeable. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra power (and I've tried to eek every bit out of all my bikes), but I think weight reduction, rider aids, and suspension tweaks would be way more beneficial for the masses. JMO.

And btw, I'm +3 in the rear. :)

That's interesting . . .

Looks like a mild update to the current Gen 2 .

Pretty much all that's needed to stay relevant aside from a couple of "must-have" electronic nannies, IMHO.

What's more interesting is that "Vision GSX-R" . . .

What the heck is that ? ! ?

Please tell us more, Suzuki.

:thumbsup:

Just update it yourself and put a supercharger on like I did :lol:Who needs wheelie control, traction control anyway, the way things are going we will be able to send the bikes out on their own and we will just watch a video when they come home again :lol::bounce:

I always used to think the same until I went from my rc8 to my Duke. On the street traction control and abs has come in handy on more than one occasion when riding hard. Wheelie control is for the birds though. :D

I hope Suzuki make a Gen 3 Busa . I would personally like the Busa legendary heritage to continue to evolve and once again dominate all opposition . A new Hyper class hot rod / sport tourer . Suzuki have been known to sit for too long on a model run , the GSXR 1100 W series for example . I remember waiting on some sort of delta box framed model to replace my old hot rod oil cooled Gixxer that never came in 1000 plus cc from Suzuki , instead the water cooled model run . Meantime all the other makers offerings were out handling the Suzuki's , if not always out powering them . The Gen 2 model is definitely getting long in the tooth , and has , for a number of years now , been technically trounced on the showroom by the latest wave of bikes from other makers . We owners however , know and appreciate its many virtues , and fully know what a polished performer the bike is , with nothing truly missed from the lacking electronic aids. But a new model Busa of some sort , or model replacement , in my mind , is overdue . Having said that , I am not planning on selling my L2 to trade up or move onto anything else . I have modded her to my needs and wants , and continue to do so . The bike is serving my 250lb bare ass weight very well indeed . However , I always will have room for more motorcycles , and a Busa Gen 3 .... The Busa should continue to evolve and ride on !!

At the very least can't they just upgrade the crap out of the current model. Throw every electronic safety feature known to man on it and then punch the motor out or add a turbo kit. Probably get another decade out of the unit with another fairing upgrade too. Offer the base model and then factory upgrades available. Done.

At the very least can't they just upgrade the crap out of the current model. Throw every electronic safety feature known to man on it and then punch the motor out or add a turbo kit. Probably get another decade out of the unit with another fairing upgrade too. Offer the base model and then factory upgrades available. Done.

Ha! My ol' 99 Gen 1 is still doin' fine as far as I'm concerned.
I have test ridden a Gen 2 once but only for 5 miles and not on the open road either, liked it, but it felt a lot different than the Gen 1.
I got back on my bike and felt like I was home again. :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Funny thing; as far as all the current liter bikes putting out as much or more H.P. as the Hayabusa, I agree that is true, but none come close as far as torque output, or at what RPM that HP is generated.

I geared my bike down a bit (+1 on the rear), and made changes to make it more touring friendly (adjustable pegs, helibars, windscreen, Suzuki comfort seat). Over-all, it's very close to the bike I would build if I designed it.

A few days ago I had a chance to take out a new GSX-R1000; and, although top end wise, it's nuts, I could not do a 6000 KM (4000 miles) tour on it, I'd die! The Hayabusa, on the other hand, easy-peazy. Much roomier, much more comfortable over-all (I'm too big for a race bike anyways), and, as far as roll-on speed on the highway, the 1000's feel... dead (at 100 KM/HR). Also, vibration... Damn! I'd be numb all over on a liter bike! The 'busa engine purrs like a kitten compared to those angry bees.

As for a new version... My vision would be updated electronics, trim about 40 lbs from the bike, and engineer that variable valve timing from the GSX-R1000 in too please for some added top end. 210 HP with 115 LB/ft of torque would be super sweet.

I do agree with others though; it's not all about power. For me, it's about rideability; reliability ('busa's are tough!), and likeability. Also, I think the demographics are significantly different between the liter bikes and bikes like the Hayabusa. I think we tend to be older and a bit bigger. :)

I'd LOVE to have a Gen III to look forward to; and personally, I think we are going to see a new version. Sleeker and sexier with an HP boost. I know I'd buy a Gen III in a few years time.

If not; I guess I'll just have to keep riding my Gen II. Chances are it'll still be in good shape in 5 years and still capable of tearing 90% of the bikes on the road a new one, and I'll be comfortable doing it.

Sugarbear

Ha! My ol' 99 Gen 1 is still doin' fine as far as I'm concerned.
I have test ridden a Gen 2 once but only for 5 miles and not on the open road either, liked it, but it felt a lot different than the Gen 1.
I got back on my bike and felt like I was home again. :beerchug: :thumbsup:
Good to hear... I am absolutely in love with my 99 as well. Would like to one day maybe have upgraded electronics... TC for sure with this rain 9mos of the yr.

Good to hear... I am absolutely in love with my 99 as well. Would like to one day maybe have upgraded electronics... TC for sure with this rain 9mos of the yr.

Keep in mind that traction control works at the rear wheel Only.
If you can control the front wheel in the rain within your own comfort zone, then you are fine.
As said before, traction control really is in the right wrist!
Can all these new electronic rider aids save you from a crash? Maybe, but all depends upon the exact circumstances.
The reason modern sportbikes are getting them, is just the same as every other sportbike advancement, they were designed for race bikes. Now "cheap enough" to make it to the masses.
The reason the racebikes need them is; hp and suspension have evolved to a point that the world's elite racers can outride the mechanical bikes. It's become a need to continue to go faster.
But, for the average guy, abs and tc may save you...but it can also hinder your ability to improve your skills.
How can you learn great braking skills if all you have to do is grab the abs lever?
Or learn how hard you can throttle out of a corner, if the tc is going to correct your mistakes?
To each their own, and this was a general statement not aimed disrespectfully at you or anyone:beerchug:

This is the Gen 3 apparently... google it...

2018-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Japanese-Magazine-001.jpg

I'm waiting, I'm waiting. I want a new bike bad. I'm thinking of the 2017 gixxer. I like the comfort of the busa. I can ride for hours. I hear the gixxer is not comfy and vibrates all through rpm range. That may not be true, but that's what I heard. The new gixxer would be a close race or would pass the busa up in a race!!

I'm waiting, I'm waiting. I want a new bike bad. I'm thinking of the 2017 gixxer. I like the comfort of the busa. I can ride for hours. I hear the gixxer is not comfy and vibrates all through rpm range. That may not be true, but that's what I heard. The new gixxer would be a close race or would pass the busa up in a race!!

Unlike the old Gixxer Thou, the new one is tiny like a 600. Not Busa comfy, for sure.

Back