2011 TT Arai Corsair-V Limited Edition Helmet

Keith, I'm hijacking your review format... :beerchug:

Over a week later, I finally got to try it out tonight.

Compared to my Shoei RF-1100:

- Fits very well and comfortable. The interior of the Shoei feels foam-ish, like most other helmets out there. The Arai feels like a pillow wrapped around my head. It is extremely light.

- Significantly larger field of peripheral vision than the Shoei. This makes it much easier to look over your shoulder.

- No buffeting at all. I only took her up to about 130, but it was very smooth with no shakes or vibrations. I had all the vents open. I tried closing the shield vents, but was still unable to reproduce the vibration that skydivr described. Possibly due to different windscreens on our bikes...? I have a Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen.

- Much quieter than my Shoei. The noise level at 100 MPH was about as loud as the Shoei at 60 MPH. Possibly because the Shoei leaves a lot of room around the ears and uses a hard material to form that area. The Arai comes much closer to the ears and uses a soft material which would absorb more wind and noise.

- Significantly better airflow across the top of the head. At least as good as the Shoei everywhere else.

- Both have great graphics, but the IOM TT theme is just so cool!

Thanks again for putting us onto this one, Loomis. :beerchug:

Daniel, I've had a chance to ride mine a couple more times. I am pretty sure that the vibration I experienced is because of the turblence/buffeting created by my mesh jacket. I REALLY noticed how much addiitional peripheral vision there is MUCH easier to look over my shoulder to see what's behind me (amazing how much just a LITTLE difference makes. I also notice I can hear my iPod at a third less volume than before. Last night I installed my bluetooth radar detector warning system (will be posting a thread on that in the next week or so when I get installed on the bike). Next weekend I will be trying them both out on my 1K at HIGH (160) speeds on the front straightt at NSS with my race leathers on and will be able to make a conclusive statement.

I'm running the Suzuiki Touring Screen. I also got the Laminar lip to try out.

I was really just amazed at how good this thing felt in the wind. Even the higher speeds didn't change the way it felt. I'm looking forward to your report back from NSS. :beerchug:

Oh, Tim and I will be at Sloan's in Murfreesboro this Saturday around 1000. You should swing by if you get bored.

Daniel, I've had a chance to ride mine a couple more times. I am pretty sure that the vibration I experienced is because of the turblence/buffeting created by my mesh jacket. I REALLY noticed how much addiitional peripheral vision there is MUCH easier to look over my shoulder to see what's behind me (amazing how much just a LITTLE difference makes. I also notice I can hear my iPod at a third less volume than before. Last night I installed my bluetooth radar detector warning system (will be posting a thread on that in the next week or so when I get installed on the bike). Next weekend I will be trying them both out on my 1K at HIGH (160) speeds on the front straightt at NSS with my race leathers on and will be able to make a conclusive statement.

I'm running the Suzuiki Touring Screen. I also got the Laminar lip to try out.

Uhhh, Radar Detector, I know who is going to be the Leader of the pack in two weeks :poke:

Justin has one more left in a size XL if anyone is wondering. Justins price was lower too.

I wish I could've ordered a few of these before they sold out. If anyone is interested in getting a different Corsair V, let me know and I'll shoot you a price

I was really just amazed at how good this thing felt in the wind. Even the higher speeds didn't change the way it felt. I'm looking forward to your report back from NSS. :beerchug:

Oh, Tim and I will be at Sloan's in Murfreesboro this Saturday around 1000. You should swing by if you get bored.

I'd like that, but I will be in Hanger 3 at Fort Campbell welcoming home a friend of mine a warrior flying in from Afghanistan with his wife and kids.

Found some more info on this Helmet.

Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT
enlargeThe latest limited edition helmet design commemorating the Isle of Man TT has been unveiled by leading motorsport helmet manufacturer Arai.

The helmet was designed by top Italian designer Aldo Drudi, who has also designed helmets for top motorcycle racers including Marco Luchinelli, Kevin Schwantz, Mick Doohan, Alex Crivillé, Kenny Roberts Jr, Marco Melandri, Manuel Poggiali and Valentino Rossi.

The design features a tribute to the iconic Mountain course, which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. Many of the famous bends and landmark names are listed prominently on both sides of the helmet. It also carries the official TT logo and the famous Manx triskelion.

The 2011 Isle of Man TT Series helmet is the second in a series of three as part of Arai’s commercial partnership with the TT organisation and is restricted to a limited edition of just 500 units.

It is based on the highly successful professional racing-bred RX-7 GP model and is fully road legal.

Several high profile TT riders will wear the new TT Series helmet during the 2011 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy, and it will also be used by the event’s travelling marshals during their official duties.

The helmet retails at £699.99 and will be exclusively distributed by Arai’s UK importer Phoenix Distribution through their five star dealer Crossan Motorcycles.

The Arai RX-7 GP Isle of Man TT Series mini-website is featured on the Arai Helmet (Europe) B.V. - there is a difference website and has been updated for the 2011 edition.

Economic Development Minister Allan Bell said:

“I am delighted that Arai has once again created such a prestigious helmet and their 2011 design is a fitting tribute to the TT Mountain course’s anniversary.â€

“The company has a long record of involvement with the TT Races and is a valued partner.â€

Related Products
SearchTT 2011 Review DVDTT : Closer to the Edge (3D Combi)TT Closer To The Edge DVDGuy Martin Madboy MugsTT 2011 Review Blu- ray incl standard PAL DVDTT 2011 Centenary SignTT Tarmac Joey DunlopTT 2011 Mug
Disqus LoginAbout DisqusLike Dislike
Glad you liked it. Would you like to share?
Facebook

Twitter

No thanks
Sharing this page …

Thanks! Close

Login Add New Comment

Post as … Image
Sort by popular now Sort by best rating Sort by newest first Sort by oldest first Showing 1 comment
knealec 1 comment collapsed Collapse Expand
On what date is this years TT launch
A Like Reply 4 months ago 0 Like F
M Subscribe by email S RSS Reactions

Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT: The latest limited edition helmet design... Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT - The official Isle of Man TT website
4 months ago@tinribster
RT @Isle_of_Man: TT: Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT: The latest limited edition helmet de... Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT - The official Isle of Man TT website
4 months ago@AquaDesignGroup
TT: Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT: The latest limited edition helmet de... Arai unveils limited edition helmet design for the 2011 Isle of Man TT - The official Isle of Man TT website
4 months ago@Isle_of_Man

Daniel, I now have an update as compared to my Suomy:

I did NSS Tracknights (2) this weekend. Up to 160 on my gixxer 1k on the front straight. The Arai handles this air pressure MUCH SMOOTHER than my Suomy. The Suomy will try to lift your head up and off; the Arai just pushes back on your forehead. Not to mention the extra peripheral and that the shield was so clear it was hard to tell I had one on....

That Arai ROCKS (not to mention all the ooo's and ahhh's I got) :beerchug:

Daniel, I now have an update as compared to my Suomy:

I did NSS Tracknights (2) this weekend. Up to 160 on my gixxer 1k on the front straight. The Arai handles this air pressure MUCH SMOOTHER than my Suomy. The Suomy will try to lift your head up and off; the Arai just pushes back on your forehead. Not to mention the extra peripheral and that the shield was so clear it was hard to tell I had one on....

That Arai ROCKS (not to mention all the ooo's and ahhh's I got) :beerchug:

I haven't had it up to that speed yet, but I've had a similar experience so far. :thumbsup:

I want one but I doubt I will find one in XXL. :-(

Maybe check with Competition Accessories? They went out of their way to call another seller so I could get a price matched.

You gotta call around if you want one of these they have gone Fast.

Great review Kieth and Dan!:thumbsup: All 3 (Loomis,Dan, and Kieth) of you got some nice helmets! I couldnt comfortably bring myself to dropping 600+ bucks on a helmet! Even buying one close to 400 bucks gets me! But for a unique limited helmet, I can see the appeal! And I know Arai is top dog when it comes to helmets!! I didnt get an Arai like you all!:bowdown: But went to something different......

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

The Rps10 feels better then my Ac12's and EX0-700's. The view out of it crisp and clear. It is as light at my Joe Rocket 101 Carbon I use for the track. Pretty good venting too compared to the other helmets I have. The lock on the front of the screen is nice too, very positive. I know it isnt an Arai! But I like the Ben Spies War World II plane inspired emblem and coloring!

Tim, does that thing come with elbow sliders? It has a reputation to be upheld... :laugh:

Nice lid! :thumbsup:

Tim, does that thing come with elbow sliders? It has a reputation to be upheld... :laugh:

Nice lid! :thumbsup:

Elbow sliders were extra! :lol:Went to the track July 3rd at VIR south course, and started working on grinding down my knee sliders! But I havent worked on getting my elbows down! Currently dont have the balls that are required to do that! Got another track day August 8th. Hope like hell I addressed the brake fade issue I was having.... After 5 to 6 laps with lever coming to the bar sucks!

Tim, remember my motorcycle rule #1: "If you can't be fast, you gotta LOOK GOOD" :laugh:

And since you are fast, you don't need the Arai :moon:

But I have to tell you, I shaved 3 secs of my best time at NSS on Sat night (under the lights no less), and led all but one lap of an I session. My best time was 1:14:00 and the A times are 1:10:00 so I'm not that far off. Lastly, I passed (and held off) Mr. Bogus :cheerleader:

Charlie and I will be at Barber in both SEP and OCT.....

Back