$4000 Arai Helmet WTF!

I cannot see why anyone would want an uber expensive helmet. The darn things only last 5 years and there very fragile from what I've read.

Your noggin is pretty fragile too and hopefully it will last more than five years. I don't understand people who put $13K in a bike and another 2 to 5 K in add ons and then ride around with no gear and a $79 HJC basic helmet protecting their mush. As long as I ride a bike and expose myself to the bodily harm that is highly likely to occur, I am going to buy the best gear that I can afford. Now, I can't afford a $4k helmet but I would definitely be in the potential buyer market if I could.

"Your noggin is pretty fragile too and hopefully it will last more than five years."

According to those that make the darn things 5 years is it. Get butter fingers and drop it, it's toast! I ain't hatin on anyone with the cache to buy one, I'm just saying what's the point.

"Your noggin is pretty fragile too and hopefully it will last more than five years."

According to those that make the darn things 5 years is it. Get butter fingers and drop it, it's toast! I ain't hatin on anyone with the cache to buy one, I'm just saying what's the point.
Tick off topic but Shoei told me directly that five years of use or seven years from manufacture date. My X11 has a date of Aug 05 but I bought it in 2008. I contacted Shoei and that's what they told me.

YMMV and all that. Back to your program.

I donno how much safer it actually is other then being lighter. being lighter would surely mean that the speed that ur head would hit the pavement would not be quite as fast so from that respect it would make it safer but there are other CF helmets out there but not with 11 layers of aircraft quality premium CF.

CF is seen on all GP race bikes. ever see how much just a few CF pieces are for a Ducati? a few small pieces and uve spent $4k. and this is the most critical piece of equipment u can have.

u cant deny that the perifial vison is just awesome on that helmet. too bad the transitions lens is not offered. if it was id have the most expensive head around here and probably the safest. $4k is a lot but eating out of straw I hear kinda sux to.....:whistle:

I see quite a few $100 helmets out there.:whistle: granted, its better then nothing for sure but people dump thousands into their bikes and if they happen to go down which is more likely then not sooner or later they will, I wonder how many who have sustained serious head injuries due to an inferior helmet will ever criticize someone who spent $4k on their mellon protector:whistle:. its based on an F1 Race car helmet.

ill bet it wont be long before those are sold out. if you have a $100 head then buy a $100 helmet. I think its nonsense to say a helmet like this this is only good for 5 years. if u go down then it has to be replaced like any other. if u take care of a helmet that has replaceable padding and u clean it often and u dont drop it much u can get 10 years out of it. probably even longer.

Back