$4000 Arai Helmet WTF!

If I had the money for one, I would buy one. That's an awesome helmet. Even though 4K is a lot of money, you can easily go through that in one day at the Hospital. Just the insurance deductables alone are astronomical. We can only hope that someday, helmets like this will be affordable to everyone...:banghead:

I think the price is wrong, look at the reviews at revzilla. One guy says he paid 850. and another guy has a ninja250. Who the hell pays 4k for a helmet riding a zx-2?:laugh:

I think the price is wrong, look at the reviews at revzilla. One guy says he paid 850. and another guy has a ninja250. Who the hell pays 4k for a helmet riding a zx-2?:laugh:

The reviews are for all Arai helmets. It tells you sometimes in the titles..

LOL the funny thing is I want one too!

I don't think it will offer that much better protection but I'm sure it's a few ounces lighter and feels a tad bit better.

The price is severely overinflated but if I was rich I'd get one just to show it off, lol

Call me "old fashioned" but I'd spend $4K on a helmet before I spent it on a fat tire kit. YMMV..

kinda funny someone knocks your helmet over you need a police report and an insurance claim :rofl:

phone call to state farm be pretty funny if you wrecked your old 250 ninja: "I wrecked my bike now cut me a check for 3 grand for my bike and 4 grand for my lid" :poke: :laugh:

4 grand and no flip down sun shield :moon:

4 Grrrr for a brain bucket? That's crazy! I only paid $4800 for the bike. Actually anthing over $130 for a helmet is crazy in my opinion.

I find it funny how the forum about 200MPH street bikes is talking about an expensive helmet being excessive! :laugh:

It's a street version of their F1 helmet. It's probably a real feather weight and has all of the most exotic cutting edge energy absorbing materials going. Besides, they can charge what they want. If I saw it, could be shown where it would protect what little usable melon I have better than my Shoei then I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Unfortunately available dollars precludes me checking into it at all.

Says it's Snell 2010 rated. IIRC Snell 2010 was a better test that looked at actual energy absorption instead of just survival. I'll take a look tomorrow, I'm up waay too late.

They wouldn't have made it if they didn't think somebody would be rich and stupid enough to buy it.....

The more I look at it the more I like it! I hope my Megamillions ticket is a good one this week...I'll take 2 please :laugh:

I cannot see why anyone would want an uber expensive helmet. The darn things only last 5 years and there very fragile from what I've read.

Back