200mph

gps said 207
that was a few years ago over in montaina.

crossed montaina . 598 miles total time 4 hours 58 minutes
8 gas stops.
no speeding tickets..
that was when there wasn't a speed limit in montaina.
I must be older and smarter, geared the busa down.
tops out at about 185 now.. no reason to go any faster.

This is a HOT topic..now to Add some..At what actual rpm does the revlimiter kick in????????I have done this in first second and third..wabawabawaba....indicates 11,500..
gps said 1st..78..2nd..102...3rd...129....what about 5th gear
at 11,200 indicated..find it hard to believe the the gps said ONLY..................176....What about the roadrunners gear page,,sez 184 with stock gearing at 10800 actual rpm..
It's So hard to get a good reading..Ps those i work with think im nut's..same with you guy's and gals....Yeah!! they just don't dare....
tounge.gif
We are a different animal..
wow.gif

Yhea, we are all f'n crazy. we will ahve high level meetings at BOSE and I am on the topic for discussion. i think they are worried what I will get done or not.

Hey Ninja I plugged in the numbers you put in are those yours or a stock Busa this is what I came up with

Attachments

• GearCalc.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 179
228 mph i do a last week. I but 18 tooth sprocket in to front.
My MC is Suzuki GSX 1300-R Hayabusa year model 2002. 301HP.
There is my Dynojet picture:

my_busa_dyno_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap dude 300 HP whats next you guys will be running Jet engines next
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just kidding very cool I was looking into a NXT Turbo they did a Write up in cycle world 500HP Busa Crazy huh

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I hope to get my turbo soon and join the 200+ group. I top my bike out atleast 2-3 times per week on the way to work, live if the country so alot of empty blacktop roads in the morning. Alot of corn feilds so crossroads make me nervous, but that is part of the rush. hitting redline in 6th on 02 with 16 tooth sprocket, what is that actual. 180 or so?? On the subject has anyone seen the sport rider for oct 02,, has turbo busa in there. They must have had a short straight, because they kept talking about running out of road. I just know one of these days I will come over a hill and bam there is a combine or grain truck.

Like NinjaEater sez....dammit..cornbinder collision??????????
I am scared to death about hitting a small rabitt..one put a small dent on my left side exhaust pipe while i was on my way to the..secret high speed testing area..sheezz..we don't wanna die yet...i was going 60....we can  talk about this later in the loony bin...IF we survive..careful now my fellow Busa riders!!!!!!

ernaehrung019.gif
Don't take this wrong,,, I trully admire your guys courage to go 180mph plus, but I've found that cornering at high speeds really separates the men from the boys, and takes more skill and percision to be good at it, I think it's cool that you guys see how fast you can get your busas to go ,,, but I give more credit to the guy that can take a sweeper at 110mph dragging his knee and smoking down the twisty, Anybody can keep her straight up and twist the throttle and hang on down the free way,,, but through a few twisties in the mix and the best riders always separate themselfs from the rest, ,,,,and those of you that have been riding for years knows this is true!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I have to agree with you alittle Curtis except the Busa was built for a purpose it does alot of things well. But if I where going to wind through the twisties everyday hard. I would get a GSXR1000 its hard to beat how nimble they are and how hard you can corner . Not to mention 3rd gear roll on wheelies. I want to break 200 Mph I guess I was alittle ambitous when I read all of the articles on the Hayabusa . How it was doing like 193-198 in guiness book etc . I thouhgt with some minor Mods lile PCII and airbox mod filter and exhaust I could get to 200 or 201 I will let you know how fast it goes but from the reading on here it looks like I may need alittle more than that .

i have a '99 busa, needs a valve job tho (hear quite a bit of ticking)
i've run 10,500 rpm in 6th with stock (17/40) sprockets and that's all she had, held it for about 30 seconds hoping for more, felt pretty fast
last week i popped in 4 new ngk CR9EK plugs (brand new, were going into my still broken katana) these plugs are identical to the CR9E's that the busa takes, cept they have two electrode thingies on the bottom, dunno if this helps or hurts the busas performance, but it runs much better than with the 3 year old plugs that were in it.
at the same time i dropped the front sprocket down to a 16, cuz the company i ordered the sprocket from thought this was the stock size, and a stock 40 in back, as well as a new chain.
on my first big run with it, i hit 11,000 in sixth and the bike cut out hard, it got there sooo fast it wasn't funny, but it hit like a brick wall, scared me cuz i wasn't expecting a limiter or anything.
i brought the bike home, and stripped the fairing off the left side, and we found a lil hose (vaccuum line?) hanging down towards the valve cover, the hose is real small and soft, and we're now thinking this is why the bike cuts out at high rpm, and that is isn't a limiter in 6th.
so anyway, i have an 18 tooth front coming in this week, cuz the 16 is geared way too low for me, and at the same time we'll find out where that hose goes and if thats the prob.
anyone have a map of where all the hoses n stuff go, cuz make it a lil easier.

You do have a good point curtis t. myself i try to get the corners, but I definately am not a pro. best cornering speed was 160 when front end starting skipping. Granted it is a posted 55 mph corner, so a better rider could probably take it over 170, because i suck at getting her down low. I just want to see 200 plus mph. I know alot of guys that are afraid to take there bikes upstairs, they think it is to fast, so personally i feel it takes some balls to go that fast. I am still trying for my first peg drag. or skin drag, because sometimes i wear shorts to work. While on the subject, which will hit first my peg or my cannister with stock exhaust, because that is a goal for me. The knee burners on here, do you guys wear leathers or street clothes when you are hittting the corners on the highways. I need to get better gear myself, so wondering about good clothing. I do wear my helmet once in awhile. Sorry guys for such a long post, but it does suck when you get passed in a corner by your buds zx12

OK heres the deal...Cornering speed..abilities..and TOP SPEED
running are TWO different things....I can turn a corner pretty good..but the top speed thing is separate...can you do both??
Both do count ....it's sick to do 200 plus..but so is turning at a buck sixty...sheez.. :hammerhead:

Cornering sucks in Finland! You dont have a money crash you bike.
You dont cant belive how mush a new orginal Busa cost in Finland?
23 600 Euros (about 24 000$ USA Dollar) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All motorcycles and cars cost so fu....g lot!!
Too high TAX we have here. And we must pay insurance for bikes and cars about 2000 Euros (about 2000$ USA Dollar) every year.
Fife gallon casoline pay here "only" 21 $ !!!! One gallon cost 4.2 $. ""Too expensive i think""
So fu...g boring and stupid

Back