What are the best mods

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
ahhh... The real Burt Munro never broke 200mph. It's sounds alot better for a movie though.[/quote]

spank.gif
I do stand corrected. He did not hit a repeatable 200MPH. In '67 he recorded a class record of 183.586MPH, and had a qualifying one way run of 190.07MPH...still not too shabby for a scabbed together Indian (and it was also a '20s era machine, not a '40s like I originally mis-stated). Allegedly, he was going somewhere near 206MPH when had the big crash that was depicted in the movie.

Anyway good luck and let us know how it goes...I'm very interested myself.

Hey Busa,

Maybe you can help me? Forget about what other people have under the tank, what have you heard in terms of tire pressure, compound and what the tire was filled with for other people that have hit 200mph? Thanks.

I have a degree in Mathematics and its as simple as physics, what i don't have is knowledge in the motorcylce world.  HP plays a degree in forward motion (obviously) but aerodynamics, gearing and distance can over come a lack of X HP.  Check the proof at Bonniville.  Most of the world land speed records have far less HP than most drap racing applications.  I can guarantee and wager any of my pinks slips that I can make a 172HP Busa break the 200 hp bearer, I just don't have 172 hp yet.  What everyone is trying to do is accomplish this feat in 1 mile like Maxon.  It can be done at 172Hp in 4.16 miles at 645lbs including driver, stock tire size and at 11127 rpm in 6th gear.  The gearing I'll keep to myslef and by the way those gear calculations out there are off past 183MPH.
Be careful with that wagering stuff.
It will get you short on toys.
laugh.gif

I'll take that bet if you are serious.
I will tell you this in good faith, trying to help you.
What your math degree doesn't tell you is that 172 hp MAY barely pull the rev limiter on a Busa with stock gearing, much less taller gearing. It'll just stop pulling!
That and a Busa ECU doesn't allow the RPMs that you would be required to pull.
It can be made to pull those RPMs, but with stock cams and cam timing, the Busa engine falls over after 9,800 rpms anyway.
Now, if you care to go into the engine, 190 hp will get you to 200 mph, but also not in a mile. 4 miles, yes.
Paper is a wonderful tool to start with, but the real world makes paper usless sometimes.
I/WE will always be happy to help in someone's quest for speed, but you gotta keep it real.
The Hayabusa has been around for 9 years. I doubt that you'll be the 1 to break new ground, and I say that respectfully, not as a bash.
Good luck in your endevour.
ThumbsUp.gif

Sleeperbusa,
I'll take all the feedback and constructive criticism in stride but who invented electricity before Ben Franklin "“ the invention happened dispite people laughing in his face? Who discovered how to process enriched uranium for a nuclear bomb? Someone had to discover the uranium to make the bomb a possibility and the bomb did drop? So why is it so unthinkable that someone can't come behind another and find a creative way to make the Busa hit 200mph? Just because it hasn't been done until now (maybe it has) doesn't mean it can't be done a different way. Good inventions and the eventual reality of many possibilities all began on paper with a theory. Persistence and perseverance!

Actually the more I think about it the whole debate is a moot point. If I do come back and prove my theories with dyno graphs, pictures of the GPS yellow box showing 200+ and any other data I might have, the skeptics out there will still say I cheated or lied just because they didn't see it happen with their own eyes or didn't have the balls to stay on the throttle and do it for themselves or the know how to do it themselves. Good debate any ways
boxing.gif

I agree with what you are saying.
NEVER give up on something that you want to accomplish.
And YES, you are correct, they will call BS unless it's at an event where it's documented.
I KNOW for a fact that I have been over 200 on quite a few occasions, but I can't prove it.
GPS has been proven to be inaccurate too.
About the only way to get credit for something like this is to have video documentation of dyno pulls, and go to a sanctioned event and show what you have.
I'm behind you on this, but it's harder than it looks!
Keep going the direction that you have chosen and have fun.
thumb_up.gif

Hey Busa,

Maybe you can help me?  Forget about what other people have under the tank, what have you heard in terms of tire pressure, compound and what the tire was filled with for other people that have hit 200mph?  Thanks.
I can't speak for others because either their setup is very different from yours and wouldn't apply or they're a bit tight lipped on some details.

I've only run three different tires in actual real world top speed conditions. The Pirelli Super Corsa SC2, Bridgestone BT-014, and Michelin Pilot Power. The Pilot have had the least amount of growth for me. These were all tested as nitrogen filled. I tried reg. Air but it just wasn't consistant. Since your power level isn't to high you can run higher pressures (>40psi0 to help things out. The pressure may be different based on the road conditions. I have about .354" radius growth @ 401 lbs force with 422 lbs of weight on the rear wheel, ridding on concrete. Ambient temp of 87F, 51% humidity, Baro 30.04, tire temp of 97F. I don't know what the surface temp was though.

Like Sleeper said, don't get to hung up on the paper side of things. Just have fun.

I'll take that tip (bearings)and add it my shopping list. I'm gonna be so happy to open all my parts on Christmas morning.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I am by NO means a "know it all", BUT, I have been around, read, done alot, and am very interested in this type of thing.
I'll be happy to input where I think I can help.

Hey Sleeperbusa,

I appreciate the offer and will take you up on that from time to time.

offtopic.gif
I just purchased a second Busa but I want to make this one turbo, love that kick in the pants turbo's give you (I have a 9sec turbo civic) but what i need to know in the bike world is who makes the best turbo kit? Looking at the turbo threads it looks like RCC or Velocity Racing. Is one really better than the other? Does one fit better than the other? I'm not giving up on my all motor 200 mph goal just running 2 projects at the same time - samething i did with my cars. Thanks.

Depending on the level of turbo you want.
Hahn sells an inexpensive base kit that's pretty good for the $$$
RCC or Velocity are both excellent kits.
Call both and make the decission by how you are treated.
Also, do a search on Google for turbo Hayabusas.
There are several mssg boards that they both post on. You'll get great info like that.

My "stock" '07 with Brock megaphone, small air box mod, PCIIIusb (w/ Brock map), GIpro TRE, and race fuel went 190+ at the last Texas mile. I, too, am trying to get 200 MPH in one mile w/o NO2, or turbo. When I hit it, I'll re-post.

I just added more gears not fiddled about with gear ratio's seemed the more reliable logical way to go. I have added my own abs brakes I just wanted the speed to out run the man if needed. What ever way you mod your bike it becomes more your own.

The tre,Suzuki took the time to build 6 fuel/timing curves. A tre locks the bike into a rich 4th or 5th gear (depending on the tre) map at all times.

If you open to page ** of you Busa manual, you will see the computer reverts to 6th gear.

If you knew your fuel trim and the stock to dividend return on buying shares with the dividends, the price of the stock varies on that day's or the 1/4Lee purchase.

Now, if you follow the same hi/low ratio and see the pattern, how could you come up using a leaner map if the safe is to use the 6th map and why is that?

Look in the FSM to get the answer. It's not in the book.

:rulez: You just do not see it. So, you gave out incorrect info that someone could read out of a book and discredit your social science.

Mao Say Tongue, the chinese dickducksucking potato said, "No Investigation ~ No Right To Speak."

:rofl: :whistle:

Last edited:
Back