1st Group ride Wow …..and now the rest of the story…..Thanks Scar

Nice pics!! The Atoms are sweet!! I know when they first started importing them they were using Acura Integra motors, I believe they switched to Chevy Cobalt motors now because they are easier to get a hold of. Good power to weight ratio!!!

They're actually built with civic engines. (might be the same as the integra, I'm not an import expert, I prefer american made when it comes to cars). Either N/A or supercharged. N/A= 245hp, supercharged= 300hp. The Ariel Atom 2 primarily used the GM ecotech, but but Atom 3 now exclusively uses the Honda powertrain. The ones being built now are using an 09 Honda K20with drive by wire. The hp specs are still the same. They're also coming out with a supercharged, 5 valve, 2.4 liter V8 version with 500bhp @ 10,000rpm. I will own one, one day. It's going to be a looong time from now, but I will have one. The base model, N/A 4 cyl. starts at $65,000.

Last edited:
Bubba, I'm very jealous of you! I wish I could have gone out there with y'all. It sounds like you had an awesome time. I, too, am not at the level I would like to be in the corner carving business, but I'm working on that. I just wish I had some mentors as good as your's around here.

Bubba, I'm very jealous of you! I wish I could have gone out there with y'all. It sounds like you had an awesome time. I, too, am not at the level I would like to be in the corner carving business, but I'm working on that. I just wish I had some mentors as good as your's around here.

:beerchug: What a cool thing to say. :beerchug:

:rofl:

I am trying to figure out the logistics of the ride.. it is 2200 miles each way for me taking the direct route.. I end up running 4500 miles... Add on top of that, 2200 miles for Eureka Springs..

If I fly, I do not have my bike and that is not going to work... Still thinking it through..

I miss running that country for sure.. you have to work to find a bad road.. We used to stay in Reno 10 days per year on the lake for vacation when we were kids..

:beerchug: What a cool thing to say. :beerchug:

Yes gmmech07, very cool and you have every right to be jealous, I know I am going to be every time these guys ride and I am not there.

Hey Bogus looky, I did the multi thingy. Thanks
I wont be able to make the Stampede either.:(

Scar, I am still working on the Idyllwild trip. I have a plan:laugh:
thanks to all the ORG for your kind words.
Bubba

Yes gmmech07, very cool and you have every right to be jealous, I know I am going to be every time these guys ride and I am not there.

Hey Bogus looky, I did the multi thingy. Thanks
I wont be able to make the Stampede either.:(

thanks to all the ORG for your kind words.
Bubba
sorry for you... it is amazing country to sight see..

Bubba

Did you get the invite to SoCalSportBikes? I sent it this morning. I told everyone you were 'working on it'. :whistle:

Did you get the invite to SoCalSportBikes? I sent it this morning. I told everyone you were 'working on it'. :whistle:

Got it!
Thanks Scar.
Still working on the Idyllwild thingy.
I think I got it wired.
Bubba

You left coast guys have it far too good..... dang it....

No joke. . . The only downside is they have to live in calli. . . Well, I guess "have to" isn't the right thing, but they do. The sights are apparently amazing, but they do have to deal with the Callifornia government. . . *On rant* (at least this is what I'm telling myself to try to cope with the fact that they're there, and I'm here, and my bike is up on a stand with parts removed and I can't ride, and on top of all that I'm stuck inside with my head burried in books till Friday evening when finals are finally over). *Off rant*

No joke. . . The only downside is they have to live in calli. . . Well, I guess "have to" isn't the right thing, but they do. The sights are apparently amazing, but they do have to deal with the Callifornia government. . . *On rant* (at least this is what I'm telling myself to try to cope with the fact that they're there, and I'm here, and my bike is up on a stand with parts removed and I can't ride, and on top of all that I'm stuck inside with my head burried in books till Friday evening when finals are finally over). *Off rant*

:rofl: Wait...you were joking, right? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: Wait...you were joking, right? :laugh:

I miss 10 lanes of gridlock, $1500 a sq ft home prices, and the beach :) Maybe some day I will go back to San Diego but I think further north would be my plan.. I have family in the bay area so... :)

nothing good is free I suppose..

I miss 10 lanes of gridlock, $1500 a sq ft home prices, and the beach :) Maybe some day I will go back to San Diego but I think further north would be my plan.. I have family in the bay area so... :)

nothing good is free I suppose..

With the sole exception of the weather, I think NorCal has it over SoCal. The roads and elevations are of the same caliber...and far enough north, you don't have the glut of transplants which comprise 90% of the people here (those who occupy 9 of those 10 gridlocked lanes).

Maybe it's the air quality...:whistle:

With the sole exception of the weather, I think NorCal has it over SoCal. The roads and elevations are of the same caliber...and far enough north, you don't have the glut of transplants which comprise 90% of the people here (those who occupy 9 of those 10 gridlocked lanes).

Maybe it's the air quality...:whistle:

or the ...Taco's :whistle: :laugh:

Back