192 LED Fairings

InfiniteReality

Registered
It's Memorial Day and rained all day long here in Louisiana so I made the best of it. I removed the 24 LED strips (12 white, 12 orange) from where I had them zip tied to the frame in favor of TWO 48 LED strips of orange and white LEDs. I sealed them up and epoxied them to the backsides of the fairings and wired/soldered everything up with some connectors for easy fairing removal later. The total of LEDs on the bike is now 858!

SNC11665.jpg

SNC11667.jpg

SNC11689.jpg

SNC11694.jpg

SNC11698.jpg

SNC11700.jpg

SNC11701.jpg

SNC11711.jpg

SNC11712.jpg

SNC11702.jpg

SNC11705.jpg

SNC11709.jpg

Looks nice! SOunds like you need to update your sig...

Question are u powering the led sets off of the 12 volt ignition when turned on , and second question , how much drain does it put on your battery ? just curious was wanting to do something simular to mine...

you can place some in mirrors pointed downward and lit fairings too. and front fender.

You can go 1300. go for it.
beerchug.gif

Your bike looks GREAT!!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I'm seriously thinking about putting HID strobes inside my mirrors with a 3/4" hole in the front (need some sort of clear lense) and 1 in the back under the mudguard or 2 inside the blinker cases and setting them on a 4 or 5 second delay like an airplane. Nothing too obtrusive. Subdued but obvious enough for safety.

LOL, sig does need to be updated.
smile.gif
Doing it now!

The white LEDs have a switch with constant power from the battery. The orange LEDs are wired to the approiate blinker (for safety).
smile.gif
LEDs draw very little current, BUT with 858 of them they have to be drawing a good bit. lol. If I remember right when I turn the white ones one, there's 252 that light up everything.
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

(InfiniteReality @ May 29 2007,08:09) The white LEDs have a switch with constant power from the battery.  The orange LEDs are wired to the approiate blinker (for safety).
Nice idea there. If they can't see that then they need to take a pair of sissors to there license..

Looks Good anytime you are in Mobile You can show me how to install some on my bike first hand!!
bowdown.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif
It's all for safety, ya know. Well, 1/2 of it is anyways. I have yet to ride at dark to see how the signals look on the road... I think since it hadn't rained in a while, now would be the time.
smile.gif
Maybe I can get some video of them in action

smile.gif

I found a web site with the formula for the resisotr

I have to ask what board is that you are using. What do they call it

super.gif
 Looks really nice  
beerchug.gif
  I hear ya about the rain down here.  Finally got my Busa last week, and it seems that's all its been doing
sad.gif
 .  So, at least I now know how to overcome a draught....bye a new bike you want to ride!

Back