Led lighting kit group buy

i would be willing to wait until the end of sept. or something...that would give us time to get enough people together (if we get over 20 we get an even better price) and let everyone have time to get their finances together

Since there seems to be a little more interest here I have been in touch w/ the group buy guy (ks-waterbug for those that don't know) and he has given me his blessing to go ahead and take lead on this.

Action Items for BiG-T:
[*]I am going to PM those above that have expressed interest in this buy.
[*]I will reestablish communication w/ Custom Dynamics to determine what our options are as a group.
[*]Once I have some up to date information from Custom Dynamics, I will post a NEW thread in the Group Buy Forum and provide a link here to that new thread.

Action Items for those interested:
[*]Respond to my PM if you receive one. (duh)
[*]If you are reading this and have not expressed interest please do so by posting here or sending me a PM if you are interested.
[*]If you have not done so already, please visit Custom Dynamics and view their packages.  You may be interested in a package that differs from the package I posted originally.
[*]Track this topic by selecting "Track this topic" if you're participating so you will be kept up to date.

<span style='color:red'>NOTE:</span>
This group buy will not take place until there are at least 10 people ready to pay.  I will try to negotiate so that others will have a window of opportunity to be able to participate since we all don't have the money to purchase right away.

Any questions please post here. Someone else may have the same question.

PM sent to:

[*]<span style='color:red'>Frisbee</span>
[*]<span style='color:red'>Semicps (red LEDs)</span>
[*]<span style='color:red'>KoK-LoL (red LEDs)</span>  
[*]<span style='color:red'>BigDiesel</span>  
[*]<span style='color:red'>boribusa69</span>  
[*]<span style='color:red'>gtblades</span>  
[*]<span style='color:red'>Sangai (green LEDs)</span>
[*]<span style='color:red'>Aceshigh (needs 2 week notice)</span>
[*]<s>BigBSBusa</s> (not interested)

<span style='color:red'>names in bold red have replied w/ interest</span>
names in regular black have not responded

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "update"|1155683151 -->

PM replied. Waiting to get bold red.
biggrin.gif

replied to PM - in 100% - still debating on color tho... red vs. green
whats the latest to make my mind ?

<!--EDIT|Sangai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155432798 -->

I'm in the same boat here, not sure about color yet. Orange, Jade or Amber?
rock.gif
No Red or Blue, Don't want the popo fuggin with me.
biggrin.gif

I've updated all of my records w/ the information I have thus far (viewable above).  If you've decided on a color and told me about it I have posted it above beside your name.  Feel free to change your color.  It won't be officially locked in until you order so don't feel obligated to designate a color.

Next week (when I can really focus on this) I'll touch base w/ Custom Dynamics and get the ball rolling again.  In the meantime, we still need more interested parties.  We currently have 8 members interested.  We need at least 10.

Boribusa69 brings up a good valid point. I chose RED led's & he mentioned problems with the police. I have heard that Red & Blue are actually illeagal lighting to have on a vehicle that is not considered an "Emergency" unit. Anyone know if this is truely the case?

What other color would go good on a Red/Black Busa?

i know red and blue are illegal to run on a vehicle if they resemble emergency vehicle lights at all and red is illegal on the front of a vehicle under any circumstances but didn't think that running red led's would be a problem any more than customized tail lights...does anyone know differently?

Boribusa69 brings up a good valid point. I chose RED led's & he mentioned problems with the police. I have heard that Red & Blue are actually illeagal lighting to have on a vehicle that is not considered an "Emergency" unit. Anyone know if this is truely the case?

What other color would go good on a Red/Black Busa?
Red & Blue are probably bad as a combo. What really gets people (in my area) in trouble isn't the lights....it's the lights flashing on and off. If the lights are on steady it's not a problem. Considering where you are going to put the lights is also a factor. I gather you'll light up your fairings and everything like SPEED did his.

Flashing red & blue lights is a problem. There are plenty of bikes in my area w/ light kits. They only flash the lights when they are parked. I ride w/ my lights on, I don't flash them though.

I say go w/ red. If you're still concerned, I say go w/ amber or orange.

In Texas you can have Red or Blue on your vehicle but the lights can't reflect straight to the front or to the rear, if you know what I mean, other than that I think you should be good to go.

Here's an updated list of individuals that have expressed an interest in this group buy:

01. Frisbee (no color selection)
02. BigDiesel  <span style='color:red'>(red LEDs)</span>
03. gtblades  (no color selection)
04. boribusa69  <span style='color:orange'>(orange LEDs)</span>
05. Aceshigh (no color selection)
06. KoK-LoL <span style='color:orangered'>(amber LEDs)</span>
07. Semicps <span style='color:red'>(red LEDs)</span>
08. Sangai <span style='color:red'>(red LEDs)</span>
09. ??
10. ??

You don't need to select a color right now.  I'm simply doing recordkeeping.  Also feel free to change your color.

I will touch base w/ Custom Dynamics next week to provide more information.  Hopefully we'll get 10 buyers and execute this in late September.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "updated"|1156015062 -->

Just got my red LED Illuminated frame sliders... it comes with a notice
"RED, BLUE and WHITE are for show & off road use only. these colors are for emergency vehicle colors and should not be used on the street."

Guess I'll push my luck until told otherwise by the CHP. Hope these have a switch.

Back