LED Accent Lights...Good or Bad in Traffic?

goblinsix

Registered
I live around the DC Metro area and do tend to ride at night from time to time. While doing so I like to be as visible as possible to motorists. So I was wondering if a set of colored accent LED lights by Custom Dynamics would be a plus or a minus in traffic. I just bought a set of Clearwater LED lights for the front from Pashnit, but am pondering putting on a set of the colored LED accent lights. Is this a dorky thing to do?

Hyper Strips LED Motorcycle Lighting

The argument could also be made that it could attract the wrong kind of attention. Any advice here?

Regards,
John

I would stay away from red or blue, those will get you in trouble pretty easy, especially if they flash.

depends on what you want I like the look but not really my style. That being said it's your bike man and yes they do make you pretty visible. Problem is sometimes you also become a point of fixation as well for other drivers.

Stay away from red and blue. They are designated for emergency vehicles. Check on line. PA and MD now made it leagal for motorcycles, Is is used as a safety law for motorcycles.

Illegal in NJ but most cops don't enforce - if your in some slow[cop shop wise] towns , they'll be on ya like stink on poo.

Legal in MD if NOT flashing. DOnt know about DC law. I have the blue hyperstrips and ride with them on all the time when dark out. Never had an issue yet with them being blue.

I live around the DC Metro area and do tend to ride at night from time to time. While doing so I like to be as visible as possible to motorists. So I was wondering if a set of colored accent LED lights by Custom Dynamics would be a plus or a minus in traffic. I just bought a set of Clearwater LED lights for the front from Pashnit, but am pondering putting on a set of the colored LED accent lights. Is this a dorky thing to do?

Hyper Strips LED Motorcycle Lighting

The argument could also be made that it could attract the wrong kind of attention. Any advice here?

Regards,
John

I live in DC, I keep the bike in PG county and have orange led's, no problem and one more thing for people to notice at night.

Back