17yr old step son wants an R6

This is the reality. You know you can't stop either your wife or your step-son from getting a bike. So why don't you help him become a better rider instead of just flat-out saying no. Yes, a R6 is an deadly machine. Yes, insurance is gonna be a bitch. Yes, he's gonna have to pay 8k on top of his college funds. But it's his life and his choices. As a step-father, why don't you try to become a part of his life and teach him to be a good of a rider as you are if not greater.

(bone @ Sep. 22 2006,17:55)  

by the way,  what does it mean when the wife says she doesnt want to talk about it now?   she said that yesterday also.  i asked if we could schedule a time to talk about it and she said not now.  i wasnt even being an ass,  i was nice, no cuse words or bad comments etc...  i just need to take a ride tomorrow and clear my head.  
She don't want to hear it anymore thats her kid,when it comes to her kids,She don't want you to interfear weather your right or wrong, been there done that

Avoid women with baggage (kids) from previous relationships if the kids are still living with the mom.Personally i woudnt wanna play daddy to something that i didnt create.He wants to go out there and waste himself then why not.Youll probably save money in the long run.Sorry im a azzhole

(captain @ Sep. 22 2006,09:34)
(brendanp @ Sep. 22 2006,11:09) You can't tell her anything
And you think you are the only one with this problem??
tounge.gif
Im not allowed to speak to my wife until spoken to[/Quote]
laugh.gif

anyone go to that ride2die.com site? I think I'm going to heeve my breakfast.... not sure what to think about that...
sad.gif

Pretty nasty stuff. It's always an assumed risk, but a little skill and common sense will go a long way towards reducing the risk.

Not sure what to suggest to Bone that hasn't already been mentioned, but sounds like he is fighting a losing battle.

Back