10,672 Miles on a Michelin Pilot Road 2

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
Tim, georgiabusa_05 sent me this picture. I decided it was worthwhile to post it...

I have over 4K on mine and they still look almost new:)

IMG00067-20090719-1953.jpg

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
Insane mileage. What kind of ridings do you mostly do and your weight? If you don't mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I posted another thread about this but I dont know how to attach the link to this thread. I ride back an forth to work and the mountains, Deals Gap and Suches, Blood Mountain. I am no road racer by no means, but I do OK. I will always buy these tires as long as they make them. :)

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
That seals it...Pilot Road 2's for my next tire purchase!

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, but Tim has to run around in the shower to get wet. :laugh: No seriously, great mileage. :beerchug: I wish I could get that kind of my mileage with my bike. I will wait and see how the Storms hold up, I just put them on.

Vic_E55_2001

Donating Member
Registered
I installed PR2 on the rear and PP2 front. I love PR2, i feel no difference with PP2.

Compound feels the same as PP2. IMO PR is almost the same as PP but has 50% more rubber ( deeper grooves) .

700 miles on that PR2 and it looks brand new. I`m 250LB and I`m riding semi crazy sometimes.

fishhook

Registered
I installed PR2 on the rear and PP2 front. I love PR2, i feel no difference with PP2.

Compound feels the same as PP2. IMO PR is almost the same as PP but has 50% more rubber ( deeper grooves) .

700 miles on that PR2 and it looks brand new. I`m 250LB and I`m riding semi crazy sometimes.
Pilot Road 2 has the Pilot Power rubber compound on the outside and the Pilot Road compound in the center. The best of both worlds! Great mileage, I got about 8500 out of mine and that was a hard 8500 too!

teddypenn

Registered
it all depends on your riding style. i use perellis and have about 6 grand on the rear; it still looks brand new. maybe i dont ride hard enough:dunno:

kml

Donating Member
Registered
I have too ask, (sorry...) how many of those 10672 miles where acclumated after the wear bars were showing?

That would, at least for me, give a more accurate estimate of mileage.

cheers
ken