New Michelin Pilot Road

reiny

Registered
I just came back from a spin on my brand new Michelin Pilot Road rear tire.It really grabs and i love it!
It seems like,most guys use the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT but this is just the regular,from what I've been reading on here.
Pilot Road.
I,m just wondering if anyone has used these and what they thoght of them.
I just went thru a Metzler M3 Sportec and it was great ,too> i got over 7000 Km's on it.But so far ,it feels like this New Michelin Pilot Road is grabbing better.

I'm a big Michelin fan...

You be careful out there, ya hear?

Almost nothing better than a new pair of shoes...:beerchug: :cheerleader:

Keep in mind you are on a bike with tons of wheel spinning torque and you are attempting to strap that heifer to the ground with a touring tire. Get ham fisted and you will spin that tire, hot or cold! :beerchug:

Keep in mind you are on a bike with tons of wheel spinning torque and you are attempting to strap that heifer to the ground with a touring tire. Get ham fisted and you will spin that tire, hot or cold! :beerchug:

That is some great advice for all of us Steven.
Doyle

I have had 2 sets of the pilot roads, got about 10,000 miles out of each set, i liked them for almost everythig except a hard drive out of a corner, they would spin. makes it fun for drifting. I just put the road 2s on mine bike and so far i like them better, but i havent rand it on the track yet. With the advice of my favorite bike shop here in reno R&R moto source I mounted a 190/55/17 on the rear to help it turn in better, and it worked verry well. :beerchug:

That is some great advice for all of us Steven.
Doyle

Yep, and actually it's not just on the rear end. Stopping that heavy beast is an entirely new adventure.

Adding galfer steel braided brake lines and EBC HH pads to increase your braking ability accompanied by a touring tire is a recipe for an arse bustin!

I want a tire that will lift the rear before loosing traction under heavy braking. A touring tire will generally skid before lifting the rear.

:beerchug:

Thanks for your replies so far. I just went out and checked the date on my New rear tire and the 4 numbers read 1508 which means the tire was made in the 15 th week of 2008...mmm March 2008 ,you think thats allright?
The tire is actually 2 years old , and i just bought it last week from the dealer.
Anyone have any thought on this?
Thanks in advance,
Reiny

Last edited:
I was going to get a set of the roads but decided to get another set of the pilot powers. got 6k miles out of my last set and for 217 for the set delivered to my door i could not beat it.

Back