New Michelin Pilot Road 3

I have 600 miles so far on my set. All good so far, and this week I'm commuting in the rain. 4 stars so far.

A friend of mine purchased a set last weekend after running through his PR2's. He said that they feel great and he has total confidence in them in the mountains.

I think motorcycle tire technology surpased the capabilities of motorcycles since knee pucks was introduced. I'm still stuck with Michelin Pilot Powers and I've been using them since its debut in 2004.

I think motorcycle tire technology surpased the capabilities of motorcycles since knee pucks was introduced. I'm still stuck with Michelin Pilot Powers and I've been using them since its debut in 2004.

I tend to agree with you, just looking for something that will last more that 3500 miles and still get the traction needed for the twisties twice a year in North Carolina. I live in Florida and it's mostly straight up driving which you know eats up the center pretty quick. :banghead:

Too many good tyres to choose from.Spoilt for choices

I seem to be struggling with tires. Finding a decent set with good performance across the board, for a reasonable price, seems to be difficult. I ride hard, and fast. I have no problem in getting my elbows down in the twisties. I have a K9 Busa, with a few mods that gives me 250 RWHP. I have had 4 different sets of tires on my Busa, and I have not been happy. My latest was the PR2 and I was extremely disappointed in them. I have lost so much confidence in the PR2 that I have parked my Busa until I have cash to replace them.

I don't generally bash items in public, but I will say that they can pinstripe PR3 any way they like, I will never buy a set. I honestly think that they knew the PR2 has serious wet riding issues, therefore they tried to fix it with the added channels.

Time for new tires and someone suggest I try the michelin pilot road 3. See a couple have them, so after 3 months how do you like them?

Time for new tires and someone suggest I try the michelin pilot road 3. See a couple have them, so after 3 months how do you like them?

I like mine, no problems, I also had no issues with the road 2s. I had 3 sets of those before the 3s came out. :)

Mmmm, someone who has problems with Pilot Road 2's is likely to be unhappy with almost anything....

Now onto Pilot Road 3's which feel better in every way to the PR2's. Time will tell if they last as long.

4K on these last month, now have 5K. Wet weather season just ended, and these tires are superior to any other in the rain, that I've had before. Grip is as good as any, and now we see the mileage stats growing. Stay tuned. :beerchug:

attachment.php?attachmentid=363957.jpg

Alot of positive reviews since they were released, was gonna finally get a set this year to try for myself but now gonna go with the Michelin Pilot Road 4 that they just released details on, new again for 2014.

I am on my second set of PR2's after putting 14K on my first set. The PR4 can be seen at the link below. Looks like a great product.

Pilot Road 4 Tires Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the roads3 on my bike since Jan 2013. They replaced 2CT tires. No complaints so far.

Price was $327.98 shipped.

They are a bit pricey, but if you get 10K+ miles out of them and nearing 15K, then the price is not a bad investment in my opinion.

I wonder how the grip is? Thats the only thing that would keep me from buying. I still love the regular Pilot Powers. I need a new set soon

Back