Michelin Pilot Road 2

slantman

Registered
How many of you guys run different tires on the front and back?
The reason why I ask is because I still have the stock dunny on the front and I ordered Michelin Pilot Road 2 tire for the rear, will I be ok with this setup? I can’t afford both tires right now. The front tire still has plenty of wear left on it, but the back tire looks like crap. I can see the tread starting to appear in the center. (Stock dunnys are crap have about 3,000 miles on them)

I've never had a problem with it. I typically run a matching set, but when you change up typically the front lags the back...

I ran the front stocker on mine to the first 2 changes on the rear. I have a matching set of Q's now.

I will prolly have a mixed set again when I change the rear next time.

Last edited:
You don't have to switch both at the same time as most people do not. However its a good idea stay within the same type or brand of tires (IE soft front, soft rear not hard front soft rear)

Depends on what type of riding you do but if you like getting into the turns running mixed tires can make for an aweful confused feeling motorcycle. Most people will get 2 rears to one front. If you do run a mixed set be careful for the first little while as your bike may have a different feel.

I am running that exact setup right now. Usually get two rear tires to every one front so it's bound to happen. I never have had a problem with it. By the way, I love that pilot road II. When the front stocker gives up, I'll definetely get the pr II to match the rear, until then I'll just leave it as is.

Are you sure your busa came with a dunlop on the front?

I'll be going to a BTO16 front and BTO21 Rear on my next busa shoes!

If you have a dunlop on the front go with the roadsmart on the rear. I've had good luck with it on the rear of the busa.

Back