10,672 Miles on a Michelin Pilot Road 2

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
Tim, georgiabusa_05 sent me this picture. I decided it was worthwhile to post it...

I have over 4K on mine and they still look almost new:)

IMG00067-20090719-1953.jpg

Insane mileage. What kind of ridings do you mostly do and your weight? If you don't mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't get that kind of mileage out of my tires, but I have about 100#s on Tim :laugh:

Last edited:
I posted another thread about this but I dont know how to attach the link to this thread. I ride back an forth to work and the mountains, Deals Gap and Suches, Blood Mountain. I am no road racer by no means, but I do OK. I will always buy these tires as long as they make them. :)

That seals it...Pilot Road 2's for my next tire purchase!

Yeah, but Tim has to run around in the shower to get wet. :laugh: No seriously, great mileage. :beerchug: I wish I could get that kind of my mileage with my bike. I will wait and see how the Storms hold up, I just put them on.

I installed PR2 on the rear and PP2 front. I love PR2, i feel no difference with PP2.

Compound feels the same as PP2. IMO PR is almost the same as PP but has 50% more rubber ( deeper grooves) .

700 miles on that PR2 and it looks brand new. I`m 250LB and I`m riding semi crazy sometimes.

I installed PR2 on the rear and PP2 front. I love PR2, i feel no difference with PP2.

Compound feels the same as PP2. IMO PR is almost the same as PP but has 50% more rubber ( deeper grooves) .

700 miles on that PR2 and it looks brand new. I`m 250LB and I`m riding semi crazy sometimes.

Pilot Road 2 has the Pilot Power rubber compound on the outside and the Pilot Road compound in the center. The best of both worlds! Great mileage, I got about 8500 out of mine and that was a hard 8500 too!

it all depends on your riding style. i use perellis and have about 6 grand on the rear; it still looks brand new. maybe i dont ride hard enough:dunno:

I have too ask, (sorry...) how many of those 10672 miles where acclumated after the wear bars were showing?

That would, at least for me, give a more accurate estimate of mileage.

cheers
ken

Back