06 Hayabusa or R1?

I bought a Black 06 Hayabusa. WOO HOO! I am so proud of my new ride. Thanks for all the input guys. I think I madea great decision.
I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA GET THE BUSA .

210lbs  6 2 "
From  TEXAS ( Where bigger is better)
c mon , what are the odds .
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137020393 -->

Glad to hear you picked the 'Busa! I also wanted a nice looking sports bike that would allow me the comfort of longer rides. There's no other bike that does it with such style and grace.
wink.gif

Congrats on the new Busa
cool.gif
I really think you made the right decision from what you have posted. The R1 is a heck of a track bike, but for serious miles, the Busa was your only real choice. If you talk to most R1 owners, and they are completely honest with you, they will tell ya the bike aint designed to ride over 100 miles unless your into the self-torture thing
laugh.gif
Anyhow, welcome to the forums, and make yourself at home - glad to have ya here.

Congratulations, you made the right decision. I checked out both bikes also and bought the Bus last weekend. Welcome to the madness. Now if it will warm up long enough, I'm headed for the Dragon for a slow pass or two. Enjoy.

Dan

pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,picpic,pic,pic,pic,pic
,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,pic,.............WE MUST HAVE SOME PIC,S
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I am lovin it. It is confortable and smooth. I couldn't ask for more in a sportbike.:D
Welcome!!! I just got mine, coming from a small, crampy Yamaha R6!! Way more comfy and plenty of power on tap!

My brother had sportbikes, went to a Harley Roadking and now he has a busa and loves it !!

<!--EDIT|MarkRacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137621530 -->

so much more comfy than my 1000rr im 6-1 and about 200

comfort+speed+sweet handling.......... i never regreted buing it

oh yes.... its BIIIIIIG
tounge.gif

I love to look at the new R1's and R6's but neither of them fits me well. They would be killer in the Canyons but otherwise I dunno.

For a good sollid daily driver without a lot of pain and hassle, that is effortless on the highway? It's gotta be Busa, or maybe a ZX14, or maybe an 07 Busa?

But the bigger bikes do much better so long as your not allways stuck in traffic or tight inner city streets.. The Busa doesn't like to burble along at 30mph...

Both are great bikes but don’t buy either. Reason, Honestly you don’t know what you want. These two bikes are worlds apart. I was in the same boat as you after I found my Roadstar Silverado too drab. After I sold my RS I went through a bunch of bikes and if I can only have one the Hayabusa is it.

not because i own a "bus" but i would take that over the r1 anyday. the r1 is a great bike but if you like the speed and comfort for those mellow moments than don't get the r1. just my 2 cents

Go take an R-1 for a long ride and you WILL go with the busa. I've done a cross country trip on mine and I wouldn't do it on an R-1 . I like them but if you're not stunting or racing , there's no reason to get one. The busa is a great everyday bike , trust me , I haven't owned a car in 14 years and so I ride everyday. I could have any bike I want and I'm on my second Busa ( 4 years ). Welcome, and hope you pick the bike that makes you smile.
biggrin.gif

ive been riding 16 years and i can tell you coming from a cruiser to any sport bike is a huge difference ,they are worlds apart ,but if your looking for something to cruise around on and be comfortable doing so get the busa ,if your looking to rekinndle your youthfull side with curves and canyon riding the you need a 1000 of some sort i personally would not get the r1 cuz comfort was not at all thought about when they built this bike a gsxr 1000 might suit you better if the latter of the 2 fits your fancy but i still say the busa

Back