R1 to Hayabusa?

pushnit

Registered
What's up?

I have been looking for a site like this for awhile!  I have been thinking about switching from an 06 R1 to the new 08 busa.  I have also owned a zx11.  I wanted to know what everyone thinks or any suggestions?

thanks

Hey Nampa! I have a nephew in Meridian. A Hayabusa is a natural upgrade from an R1, or any other motorcycle for that matter.
laugh.gif

IMG016__Medium_.JPG

Only if you want to chew up and spit out your buddies !!!!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

I ride with a group of 4 guys. An R1, a 954, and two Busa's. It will shortly be a group of four Busa's, as our Yamaha and Honda friends are tired of being trampled into the pavement and are ready to buy Busa's to keep up !!!
laugh.gif

Welcome to the board and enjoy the new Busa you are about to buy...
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

Way more comfortable and a lot more fun. Once you get use to her you will find out she is everybit as capable as your R1 is in the twistys. good luck and don't forget to post pics here when you get one
beerchug.gif

Keep the R1 but get the Busa. The R1 will have it's place in the stable as will the Busa. Welcome to the .org and get up some pics of the R1 please!
beerchug.gif

It's like going from super aggressive seating position and choppy throttle to
smooth as silk and comfortable as can be....without losing any power.

Oh by the way... I've riden with some damn fast R1's and they're no push-over.

Here's my R1. Thanks for the feed back.
This R1 handles great, and I don't know if I want to give that up.
I am looking at the Hayabusa because it looks more comfortable. I also think my wife will like the back seat better.

R1.jpg

i have a friend who is a die hard r1 fan and has the same bike you have. used to be one of the fastest street riders around , even he was impressed with the 08 busa , after he got his a$$ humiliated by one

See, that's the problem,

girlfriends will tolerate the gsxr/r1/zx rear seat, but wifes usually do not.

This could be good or bad, depending on your marital status and your desire to have your significant other with you.

Only if you want to chew up and spit out your buddies !!!!
laugh.gif

cool.gif

I ride with a group of 4 guys. An R1, a 954, and two Busa's. It will shortly be a group of four Busa's, as our Yamaha and Honda friends are tired of being trampled into the pavement and are ready to buy Busa's to keep up !!!
laugh.gif

Welcome to the board and enjoy the new Busa you are about to buy...
winkold.gif
Has the lad with the R1 got a gearbox that only goes to 4th?
poke.gif

laugh.gif

First bike i had was a $57,000 R1/7 2000 built for the isle of man TT races

Outstanding bike and would kill any busa to date through twisties or street racing including a k8 with everything done to it

Last bike 2006 R1 same colour as yours outstanding bike also obviously not as good as the R1/7 and would also kill any busa through twisties

Basic mathematics  
banghead.gif

too many bias opinions on a hayabusa site...... some true 1s aswell  
whistling.gif

Ive now got the K8 and no regrets to me it like sitting in you favourite armchair pull your arms off power and yes most important of all the Busa has the silly grin factor
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Best advice as a memember already mentioned keep the R1 for those special days  
cool.gif

2006_R1.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back