New to the boards here!

EVO8

Registered
I've got an 00 R1 but have been contemplating if I should sell it and get an 06 Hayabusa. I don't know much about it or even driven it yet but I use to own a 95 Kawasaki ZX-11D, and it rode like a cadi with huge top end power. The reason for the switch is, my wife wants to ride with me (sometimes) and the R1 is just not as comfortable. After an hour trip we are both exhausted. I love my R1 but maybe I need more of a sport cruiser then a race bike. Let me know how you guys feel about the Hayabusa and any experience would definitely help me in purchasing or not.

I had a 98 ZX-11D that I sold and then bought my Blusa! Best bike I have ever owned. Very comfortable for my wife and stable too. I don't know what you do for a living... but sounds like instead of selling the R1, you should get a stable mate!

Welcome! Btw, I know it is an R1, but around here, we really like pics!

Let me know how you guys feel about the Hayabusa and any experience would definitely help me in purchasing or not.
I have never understood when new people ask "how Busa owners feel about their bikes". It is a Busa website, we're not sitting around contemplating how to destroy them.

Just messin with you, welcome to the asylum. The Busa is perfect for long touring if that is what you are looking to do with a passenger. Then when you decide to go out alone it is perfect to leave a trail of flames wherever you go. Bike is solid and feels solid underneath you. Can pick up the front but doesn't feel that way when accelerating fast. Feels as if your being pulled incredibly fast, like taking off in a 747. Very comfortable and easy to mod for trips such as power converters, cameras, and radar detectors. Definitely a purchase you won't regret...

The Busa is great for 2up riding...it's great for 1up riding..
the Busa is just great that's really all i can say...  
biggrin.gif

I love my R1 but maybe I need more of a sport cruiser then a race bike.
Kinda chuckling at this statement. Once you learn how to handle the Busa's mass you'll be chuckling too! The Busa is a VERY well designed machine She'll corner well ( contrary to popular belief) We have members taking their Busa's to track days and leaving with a smile that lasts for weeks. We have MANY members here that run their bikes down the drag strip ( including myself) and are very happy as well. We all appreciate the extra room and stability the Busa has to offer. I don't know how the dealerships work in your area but if you can manage to get in the saddle of the Busa for an honest test ride you'll have no problem with your decision. Your wife will love you for it. I let my buddy take my Busa when his wife wants to go for a ride. He made the mistake of taking her on it for a day when his bike was down and she won't get back on his!

I love it for 1 & 2 up. My g/f rides with me all the time and she loves it more each time. As far as handling, she was on the back thru the dragon and just wanted to go back and forth. I don't even notice her on there most of the time. She loves it when after the ride, she checks out the rear tire more than I do I think. I aslo went from Maine to Alaska and back on it. You will not find a better bike. It is comfortable, but it is also very stable and jagged with gear it rides like it's naked. Plenty of aftermarket stuff so you can make it fit like a glove to your body size. I think you'll really enjoy the ride. Hope to see you join the group.

yep we all like pics so show us the R-1

You and your wife will love the Busa very comfortable for two up
You will not be Disappointed
wink.gif

my .02- get the busa. your wife will love u more, the bike will amaze u n people will admire u for buying the TRUE fastest and most reliable crotch-rocket / touringbike ever made!

not to mention, the best looking!

bent.JPG

So you guys think I should a Busa now or maybe wait for next years model? I don't want to buy now and then next years model changes. I'm really looking forward to purchasing the Busa but want to more opinion on the bike before buying one. I don't want to make a mistake and not be happy.

I love mine ......much more comfy than the old Gixxer I had . I got an 05 and 2 months later the 06 LE came out . Could of kicked myself for not waiting !
Guess my point is , no matter what model or year you get , eventually another will come out that you'll want too .
sad.gif

I love it for 1 & 2 up. My g/f rides with me all the time and she loves it more each time. As far as handling, she was on the back thru the dragon and just wanted to go back and forth. I don't even notice her on there most of the time. She loves it when after the ride, she checks out the rear tire more than I do I think. I aslo went from Maine to Alaska and back on it. You will not find a better bike. It is comfortable, but it is also very stable and jagged with gear it rides like it's naked. Plenty of aftermarket stuff so you can make it fit like a glove to your body size. I think you'll really enjoy the ride. Hope to see you join the group.
HEY whats doing on Doug!

If you want to get on it before the end of this riding season get an 06... If you can play the wait and see game, hold off. Either way you will get a BUsa soon...

biggrin.gif

HEY whats doing on Doug!
Sue's getting ready for Laconia. She's hoping for a good ride around the Kanga. Thick rain and fog last year. Hope the track will be dry at least? I'm thinking about the fall Bash, Yea Baby. And you'll be there?

Keep the R1 and get a busa too. you will love it as much as we love our bikes.

love my busa did some comfort mods. a joy to ride rode it 225 miles this morning.:cool:

I just had a talk with the wife and she told me to hold off till next year and wait and see if there is a new Busa or new design. I'm definitely in for the Busa. I really want a sport cruiser. I'll have to post pictures of my R1. I just can't seem to find the usb cable to link the camera to the computer.

Went riding with a friend who had just recently bought an R1, he and his GF and me and mine headed out for a ride, on the way back we decided to switch bikes for a bit, about 2 miles down the road I stopped cause I wanted mine back, his GF did not want to get off, said she was much more comfortable on the Busa, her exact words were she did not feel like an antenna sticking up in the air, personally I think she just wanted to give me a reach around.....
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Jtonda
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149918151 -->

Back