06 Hayabusa or R1?

InZane350

Registered
Hello all; I am just looking for opinions and advice before I make a decision.

I am 27 and am in the market for a sportbike. I have had a few bikes prior to this and have done multiple cross country rides. The question I have is; should I get the 06 Hayabusa or R1?

My background is in cruisers I have had a Marauder 800, Sportster 883 and a Road Star "Midnight Star" 1600. I have about 20k miles of experience and have taken the beginner and intermediate motorcycle training courses.

I am 6'2'' and 210lbs.

I have taken a couple of rides on various R1s and Hayabusas. I really like the Haybusa's curves and look; but I am not positive that it is the bike for me.

I don't intend on stunting or racing and I will be riding daily; so with all of your experience.......which bike do yall recommend?

Thanks for any input.

The busa hands down. I'm 6'3" and 190 lbs and the busa is very comfortable. I also have riden the R1 and thoght it was to small for me and not comfortable at all. Since you are not going to stunt or race I would definitly get the busa. You will not regret it.

i would say the busa as well. i had an R6 and used it alot for driving to and from work (50 miles round trip) as well as long rides. and my 6'3" 200 lbs self would get really tired, more like a really sore back, after some time. when i got my busa.. omg, it is SO much more comfortable. and its a wee bit quicker
biggrin.gif

TO be honest I felt alot more stability while riding the Hayabusa.....I hear that the R1 comes up(wheelies) alot easier as well.

Thanks for the advice AlbanianEagle & AZIROC; comfort was a huge concern.

<!--EDIT|InZane350
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136785590 -->

hayabusa its comfy and does it all well
smile.gif
so far, unfortunatly, my longest ride on the busa was when i picked her up from LA and rode her back to phoenix. i think it was close 2 400 miles. but after that 400 miles, i was not tired.. or sore. actually i was bored. but thats cuase the guys what went with me were in their car doing 90 mph, and i wanted 2 go faster!

The busa is rock solid and stable, you'll find the R-1 "twitchy" I cant ride an R-1 for mare than a few minutes,the busa is a nice all around bike,it will handle with good tires.

if you really wanna get confused goto the R1 forum and ask the same question...
we are all gonna say the busa bec we have one, and we have one bec we think its the best...
that being said i think even most R1 owneers would agree that the busa is more comfy and i think for you goin from a cruser to an R1 is a huge change, and goin to a busa is a slightly less of a huge change...
cool.gif

going from cruiser to The Busa is a wonderful change I went from a sore back on the cruisers to none on the Busa Totally happy and even though everyone I know locally is on a cruiser and I stick out like a sore thumb when riding them, I will never doubt my decision to get the Busa its like is was made for me to each his own, get what you want.

but if you get the R-1 get the black with a touch of red , Beautiful bike for sure

2 totally different machines. After logging a few miles on my buddy's R1 I can't imagine going on a ride over 100 miles. Compare the seats, the R1 is just a plank. Nervous, twichy little thing. Not to mention at 6' and 225, I look like a monkey f**cking a football, the R1 is a little bike. That being said, his R1 is beautiful and fast and handles great!

if you really wanna get confused goto the R1 forum and ask the same question...
we are all gonna say the busa bec we have one, and we have one bec we think its the best...
that being said i think even most R1 owneers would agree that the busa is more comfy and i think for you goin from a cruser to an R1 is a huge change, and goin to a busa is a slightly less of a huge change...
cool.gif
+1 you are on a busa forum so we will tell you to get a busa. If you go to thr R1 forum they will tell you to get the R1. Ride them both do the research but in the end it will be up to you to decide which is best for your riding style.

Gotta say the Busa is a hell of a lot more comfortable. So if you plan on any distance riding the Busa is awesome. Why again would someone want the R1 ha ha

Thanks for all the input guys and gals(?). I have posted on the R1 site and of course they stand by thier Yamahas. But comfort is a big factor considering it will be my daily driver.I have had the chance to ride both and they are both superb machines. I didnt push either one to any speed; I am not into racing. I was hoping to hear more about stability and "squirreliness". I want a confortable and stable ride that is capable of accelerating in and out of sticky situations. From all my research; the Hayabusa seems like the ride I am looking for. I will keep you updated on my purchase.

I had a Busa earlier this year for a few months, and I own an R1 now. The R1 is a fun bike and will scare the crap out of you every chance it gets. I have the 01 which is more comfortable than the 04 and up models. I love my R1 and I ride it for hours at time. All that said, I am trading my R1 in for a Busa. I loved the Busa, no it doesn't handle has well as the R1, it is heavier and so on, but the ride is untouchable. It is more comfortable, especially 2up. When I was in my 20, I don't think I could have appreciated the Busa like I do now..... but that was just me. If you aren't into serious track days or more so stunting.. the Busa is a great choice. You can do the same things on a Busa that you can on a R1, it just takes more skill and effort on the Busa.

p.s. it is true, the R1 is a wheelie machine. I am 5'8" 235lb's and have a hard time keeping the front end down.

I rode an R-1 and it is one high revving bike, very light and the seat gets really hot on the ...
I would definately go with the Busa over the R-1.
Wait for the 2007 early release Busa.

I bought a Black 06 Hayabusa. WOO HOO! I am so proud of my new ride. Thanks for all the input guys. I think I madea great decision.

i will tell you what my research was look at the busa and sit on it then go sit on a r1 ok just the feel of the difference will tell you. yes i know that is not how you should research something like that. What is the only bike out right now that hasn't changed HMMMM your correct the busa 99-06 and still going strong so do more research then decide..i also believe the busa resale value is higher cause no one sells them

Back