'06 Brock Clutch Mod Problems

dmrowe

Registered
Hey guys need some help. I have just installed the Brocks Ultra Clutch Mod and after installation I need a gorilla to pull the clutch lever. Installed the spacers between the bolt/washer and the spring and torqued down to 7 lbs. per the instructions. I can't pull the clutch enough to disengage the clutch. When I loosen the bolts, the clutch acts normally. What am I doing wrong?

Don't know the answer...but do you have a brace on your sprocket cover? stronger or shimmed springs will bust it with out a brace.

The rod that goes from the clutch slave cylinder through the block, may not be seated right.
I would try and take off the clutch slave and pull out the rod and put a little grease on the seal and push the rod back in and twist it a bit and make sure it is seated.
Then reinstall the slave cylinder.
Let us know and good luck!!

Are you using stock springs? The spacers should usually only be used with stock springs. If you have brocks or some other HD springs they will coil bind.

This is the rod and seal that needs some grease.
If this seal leaks, you have to drop the motor and split the cases to change it, so baby it brother....

slave.JPG

Thanks for the pictures Mike, yes I will baby it because if there is anyway to break it I will figure it out! Far as I can tell the rod is positioned correctly, for some reason I don't think the clutch plates are seating all the way in the clutch hub. Anyway not going to mess with it anymore tonight. I installed a high capacity oil pump gear and thought the clutch mod would be a good thing to do at the same time. The Brock's instructions says it is a 15 min. job.....well maybe for someone besides me! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
Thanks for all the posts and to answer some of the questions since I have been double checking everything I have done.
  • Yes I am using the stock springs
  • Yes I do have a service manual
  • Yes I have installed all the steel and friction plates in the correct order
  • I have made sure all the thrust washers are in their correct places
This is baffling to me, I retraced everything this morning checking the clutch rod and the entire installation. As soon as I remove the spacers the clutch is fine, as soon as I put them back in it isn't. If I figure this out I will post and let you know, but for now I am going for a test ride without the spacers installed and see if I get any clutch slip. Thanks again to everyone.

Thanks for all the posts and to answer some of the questions since I have been double checking everything I have done.
  • Yes I am using the stock springs
  • Yes I do have a service manual
  • Yes I have installed all the steel and friction plates in the correct order
  • I have made sure all the thrust washers are in their correct places
This is baffling to me, I retraced everything this morning checking the clutch rod and the entire installation. As soon as I remove the spacers the clutch is fine, as soon as I put them back in it isn't. If I figure this out I will post and let you know, but for now I am going for a test ride without the spacers installed and see if I get any clutch slip. Thanks again to everyone.

Had this done on my '08 by a a pretty good tuner (Shane Collins from High Rollin' Customs)...it DID stiffen a bit (like Brock's said it would) but NOTHING like you are experiencing and have had NO trouble with it...if ya want i'll check with him or even show him this post and see what he thinks...

Had this done on my '08 by a a pretty good tuner (Shane Collins from High Rollin' Customs)...it DID stiffen a bit (like Brock's said it would) but NOTHING like you are experiencing and have had NO trouble with it...if ya want i'll check with him or even show him this post and see what he thinks...

Sometimes it needs to go a little further in sounds like its not seated properly

Back