I need help with Brock's clutch mod.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I installed brock's clutch mod as well as his cushion mod and have run into a problem ... actually 2.

1 - The oil light stays on even though the window shows the proper oil level.

2- The clutch won't engage. I put it in 1st and gave it a slight rev and the bike acted as if it was still in neutral.

Right after I installed it the bike went into gear and moved as if it was working properly. But then I noticed the oil light was on. I then checked the window and saw it was low. There actually was NO oil in the window. I shut the bike off and went and purchased a quart of oil. When I got home I checked the window again and saw it was now between the L and F lines. Yet still the oil light remains on. This time when I started it though the bike didn't move when placed into gear.
Also, I installed the clutch mod with the stock springs and no spacers. I thought I'd see how that felt before I used the spacers or stiffer springs.

What did I do wrong?

I think you need to install the spacers. Also, your oil sending unit is the wire that runs along the right side of the clutch cover. It may of come undone or the wire got pinched.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 30 2007,03:05) I think you need to install the spacers. Also, your oil sending unit is the wire that runs along the right side of the clutch cover.  It may of come undone or  the wire got pinched.
Gawd how I wish it was that wire! No FREAKING such luck!!!

Oil pump gear:
crazy.gif

OPSProcket.JPG

Your clutch basket moved when you had everything apart, when you put back together you need to make sure that the gears are alighed, properly.
Sorry that happened man, it could have been worse though!

Yeah, I'm mainly bummed about it because I have to wait for a new one to come in. It was in the shop all last week for the undercut tranny, and now this week its on bricks.

I thought about having them install the clutch components as well but after reading the instructions I thought I could breeze through it. Oh well ...

Any thoughts on the clutch not engaging aside from what GMbusa said? Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about. Wire ... pffft!  
all_coholic.gif

j/k GM
smile.gif

Back