Brocks Clutch Mod Help

04LE

Registered
So I attempted to install the brock's clutch mod (2008), I put took the old unit out replaced with the brock's unit. Did not use the spacers since i couldn't get the stock bolt to reach with the spring to the brock's unit. Put it all back together did the oil change at same time. Now when i started her up on the rear stands i can shift to every gear but it doesn't seem like grabbing the clutch lever takes the drive away from the rear wheel. Anyone know what I did wrong?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/121630-brocks-clutch-mod-cushion-kit.html
9th picture in the attached thread my bolts around the springs are one piece. There wasn't a piece that screwed into the brock's piece and then i would screw into that. Don't know if thats because that kit was the mod and cushion or what.

Any help is much appreciated!

-Tom

before you pull the bike off the rearstand, try to sit on the bike, and pull the clutch in and just stop the rear tire with the rear brake when the clutch is in. but i'd say definitely call brocks for clarification.

I know with mine I always have a bit of drag which still turns the rear tire. When it's on the ground it doesn't have any feel like it wants to move, and it doesn't stall. Is it turning at full torque?

Use the spacers like the instructions say! All you have to do is push the spring while you tighten, once the first one is started the rest will go right in... ;)

If you pulled the lever on accident at any time during the install then you'll have to bleed the system. If not, you are fine...no changes!

Ill have to try again with the spacer. Thanks for the tip with rebleeding the clutch I did touch that during the install.

Ill have to try again with the spacer. Thanks for the tip with rebleeding the clutch I did touch that during the install.
Usually you can pull the clutch lever at least one time without hurting anything if you have the unit apart. The only time you need to rebleed is if you actually pushed the piston out of the slave unit. Are you 100% sure that you have the one piece mod all the way in the inner basket like it should be?

I believe I pulled it multiple times. Ill double check its all the way back but im fairly certain it is

Not sure it will help your issue but that last fiber needs to be rotated to the next set of slits which offsets it from the rest.

I see two things wrong here.

First is that he does not have the stands seperate from the bolts. The stands need to be loctited into the clutch hub. Then the bolt will be long enough to catch the stand, and still use the spacers.

The second thing is that you need to offset that last fiber when you assemble it. It does not go into the same notch as the rest, it goes in the notch next to it.

Problems solved! Big thanks to the Org. and extra thanks to 1bondoman for calling me and giving me a few extra tips. I got the bolts separated which made it really easy to get the spacers on the springs. Also rotated that last clutch disc and reinstalled everything with no issues. I will be needing to bleed the clutch as its a little sloppy at the top but should work for now. Thanks again everyone!

Do you use the gen1 posts then on the clutch mod in A gen2 as my studs are way longer than those and burnt my clutch up no pics to show but do on my phone

Do you use the gen1 posts then on the clutch mod in A gen2 as my studs are way longer than those and burnt my clutch up no pics to show but do on my phone

Yes, the clutch cushion kit for the Gen2 comes with new studs (Gen1) that you install on the clutch mod.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Instructions/Hayabusa/993236.pdf

To clarify, As 1bondoman stated, you use the spring spacers if you don't have the clutch cushion kit. If you do have the clutch cushion kit you use the new studs and not the spacers.

Last edited:
Back