Clutch slipping after brock's clutch mod

Put clutch slave support bracket on, still slipping, pulled apart clutch an put back together same thing . I'm going to bleed clutch slave. I did notice that when I put the plunger back into the hub it would not go all the way in. Ihad to release the hydraulic pressure on the slave cylinder for it to go in.

@Hayadoing
did you turn plate #10 one tooth over or not ?
because if not ,
you can spend next 100 years fumbling your clutch and it will still stay sliding .
(i read about this issue last year 3 times)

and
if you were not able to push in by hand the clutch push piece (T-formed)
i guess the "the ventilation hole " in the master cylinder might be "closed" (anyway)
precondition : the master´s reservoir cap is removed.

Last edited:
Pull clutch and measure stack height. Also make sure the back rings are put in correct. Stack height can be adjusted with an old steel. If I remember correctly it should be between 1.8 -2.2. This was mine after I swapped a steel to move the engagement point.

EACC0BF9-1C52-4DA4-8886-81AFB07E491B.jpeg

Last edited:
Pull clutch and measure stack height. Also make sure the back rings are put in correct. Stack height can be adjusted with an old steel. If I remember correctly it should be between 1.8 -2.2. This was mine after I swapped a steel to move the engagement point.

View attachment 1613028

sorry dear texan friend

at the origin gen1 clutch the abs. (as far as i know) minimum height is 1.988 inches (50.5 mm)

if the height is lower (let´s say 49.0 mm)
simply replace one 2.0 mm steel and one 3.0 mm friction plate by the thicker ones :
A. 1 x steel : 21451-24F 00 - thickness 3.8 mm
B. 1 x friction : 21441-24F 10 - thickness 3.8 mm

you just have to fill up / replace until the 50.5 mm (minimum) is at least reached (or slightly exceeded) - a "little" more of thickness is not bad .

example calculation :
49.0 mm (from above) - 2.0 - 3.0 = 44.0 mm
44.0 mm + 3.8 + 3.8 = 51.6 mm

the cheapest way to stop clutch sliding (at normal street used haya´s).

i myself did exactly so at my former ´00 gen1 and the clutch, after that replacement, worked abs. perfekt.
if i ;) :) now remember correctly, the thickness (at mine) was 49.5 mm, when clutch slided.

messuring the stack in the vice :
1st please clean all plates (steel and friction) with a towel so they become oil-free.

Last edited:
sorry dear texan friend

at the origin gen1 clutch the abs. (as far as i know) minimum height is 1.988 inches (50.5 mm)

if the height is lower (let´s say 49.0 mm)
simply replace one 2.0 mm steel and one 3.0 mm friction plate by the thicker ones :
A. 1 x steel : 21451-24F 00 - thickness 3.8 mm
B. 1 x friction : 21441-24F 10 - thickness 3.8 mm

you just have to fill up / replace until the 50.5 mm (minimum) is at least reached (or slightly exceeded) - a "little" more of thickness is not bad .

example calculation :
49.0 mm (from above) - 2.0 - 3.0 = 44.0 mm
44.0 mm + 3.8 + 3.8 = 51.6 mm

the cheapest way to stop clutch sliding (at normal street used haya´s).

i myself did exactly so at my former ´00 gen1 and the clutch, after that replacement, worked abs. perfekt.
if i ;) :) now remember correctly, the thickness (at mine) was 49.5 mm, when clutch slided.

messuring the stack in the vice :
1st please clean all plates (steel and friction) with a towel so they become oil-free.
I did last friction plate one tooth from the others. Cleaning an bleeding the slave cylinder today. If that doesn't change things I will pull the stack back out and measure the thickness after drying then. Thank you guys for your advice I really appreciate it. Can't wait to go riding again .

Back