'05 GXSR1000 VS Hayabusa

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Reagarding stock for stock "ROll-On" and 1/4 mile info/links of how the mighty busa stacks up against Suzi's latest new liter class beast?

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

Almost equal I would say ---not in torque though!

I got the sport rider literbike comparo at home, I will get you the info later. I do remember them recording the 1/4 time as 9.79...
wow.gif

eh, just get one of each man
wow.gif
laugh.gif

you arent considering the jump are ya
rock.gif
or just how much of a gap you should expect when the squidlies jump on ya down there in FL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
  or just how much of a gap you should expect when the squidlies jump on ya down there in FL
laugh.gif
Nope...I justv have a net bud who owns a '05 GSXR1000 and he's publishing numbers that show the G1K besting the busa in top gear 60-80 roll'ons and I just gotta call BS on that but want to be able to verify before I do.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

jinks we have to be sure so you know what you must do and get it on tape
blush.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
laugh.gif
Nope...I justv have a net bud who owns a '05 GSXR1000 and he's publishing numbers that show the G1K besting the busa in top gear 60-80 roll'ons and I just gotta call BS on that but want to be able to verify before I do.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
"60-80 roll'ons",

your buddy is right if the roll on is done in 6th gear. why? because at 60 mph in 6th gear, the liters' rev range are closer to it's powerband than the busa.

i rode a r1 and it felt quicker in a top gear roll on from 60 mph so i would think no different for the gixx 1k.

laugh.gif

Not only that but the GSXR1k is running 17/42 gearing and has a shorter 6th gear.

The Busa has 17/40 and a taller 6th gear so that's why. One question.....

"WHO THE HELL DOES A 6TH GEAR ROLE ON IN A REAL RACE? ? ? ?"
rock.gif

Not only that but the GSXR1k is running 17/42 gearing and has a shorter 6th gear.

The Busa has 17/40 and a taller 6th gear so that's why.  One question.....

rock.gif
To answer your question...folks who are just interested in comparing top gear roll-on power and not necessarily "racing".

Butcha say that do too the 2 extra teeth on the rear cog the 1K is faster in a 60-80 roll-on than the busa eh?...interesting.

Now..anybody got anything solid like a real live test/comparo/results ref. link?

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif
To answer your question...folks who are just interested in comparing top gear roll-on power and not necessarily "racing".

Butcha say that do too the 2 extra teeth on the rear cog the 1K is faster in a 60-80 roll-on than the busa eh?...interesting.

Now..anybody got anything solid like a real live test/comparo/results ref. link?

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif
although the 05' gixx is not on the list, try this link jink. it'll give you a general idea that most liters are faster than the busa or zx12 in top gear roll on.

http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/

Does it matter to anyone at all that the bike that gets to the finish line first is faster?

Why not have a third gear roll on race with both bikes? The Busa would be so far ahead the Gixxer would quit.
Mad`

<!--EDIT|Mad`
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117115962 -->

rock.gif

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif
although the 05' gixx is not on the list, try this link jink.  it'll give you a general idea that most liters are faster than the busa or zx12 in top gear roll on.

http://sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/
Thanks willgtb!!!
biggrin.gif

I think you can get firsthand information from tufbusa ... He had a busa, and now he has the K5 and he is loving it!! From what I have read the K5 has about 100 Lbs lesser weight, that compensates for the 10 foot pounds of toruque lower than the busa!! Which means it will accelrate faster... but the top speed reached by BIKE magazine riders was 180MPH ... but Suzuki claims its capable of 186MPH

Back