Busa vs. Liter Bikes

For me, it just doesnt matter. I will always LOVE pure race bred sport bike BUT, they are simply now made for jockeys. I'm 6'2" 240 and I JUST DONT FIT on them anymore. I thought it was just my age until my 24 year old brother took and extended ride on my 07 GSXR750 and came back complaining. Out went the Gixx, in came the 08 Busa. Its nicer (and easier) to ride in every way on the street. Much more stable. But then I was a wind sail on the Gixx :( .

They're all just plum stinkin fast...yet I still find myself wanting more more more power~!~???

For me, it just doesnt matter. I will always LOVE pure race bred sport bike BUT, they are simply now made for jockeys. I'm 6'2" 240 and I JUST DONT FIT on them anymore. I thought it was just my age until my 24 year old brother took and extended ride on my 07 GSXR750 and came back complaining. Out went the Gixx, in came the 08 Busa. Its nicer (and easier) to ride in every way on the street. Much more stable. But then I was a wind sail on the Gixx :( .

Same here bro, I am 6'4" about 220.

I rode an R1 which is what I thought I wanted after my ZX-9R. Man I was so ready to get the Busa back after I rode the R1 for a few miles.

I do love the technology and where they are all headed but I just don't fit on them.

Last edited:
in the real world....very few 1000 riders can ride. most just buy them because they wanted to look cool at the local bike nights and are more concerned about thier fresh ICON gear, than riding.

atleast thats what i have seen around here...

I realize you said "most", but thats like saying most people who buy Busa's just buy them just to say they have a Busa and want the attention because they have one. I have a 1K and i dont do bike nights, id rather be out riding. Dont get me wrong, im sure there are PLENTY of people who buy bikes, any type of bikes just to look cool, but if they really dont know how to ride, you will see their smashed bikes in the bed of a truck or on the news.

I got a 02 1k and a 08 busa. I have data logged both bikes and the busa is a faster bike from 140 on up. My 02 1k isnt slow either, but I geared the busa closer to the 02 1k and it is a monster! Either bike in the right hands makes it a riders game!

I can usually handle the Gen I busa with my K7 gixxer but the Gen II busa is a different animal and has to much grunt to overpower and it doesn't matter where, the Gen. II busa is just stronger from start to finish. All these bikes are blazing fast and way more bike than most of us are capable of properly spanking! :beerchug:

busa's are faster than any liter bike in stock form in top end. as far as 1/4 mile, tack, twists, turns then its up to the rider because most riders arnt gana go around a corner doing 120 or something like the pros and am sure I am not gana beat some people at 1/4 mile just because my busa has more power

My Uncles words of wisdom before he past away (not bike related). Sure a 600 will do 120 mph but it is working a lot harer then my 900 to do it. I think the liter bike may keep up with us at some speeds but the engines will say "enough of that," while the Busa is asking, "Will you let me off the chain already?" Just my 2 cents.

I think that the weight of the rider makes a huge difference when racing. My friends ( big guys) who have 08 Busa's can't hang with the 1k's or me (I am a light weight). Most of the 1k riders I have seen are under 200 and Busa guys are above 200. My opinion is stock Busa vs's stock 1k (almost all 1k's) same weight rider (and skill) the Busa will win in the straights... but not by much. The 1k's are a blast to ride... very hyper feeling, like a Busa on crack. :laugh:

I think that the weight of the rider makes a huge difference when racing. My friends ( big guys) who have 08 Busa's can't hang with the 1k's or me (I am a light weight). Most of the 1k riders I have seen are under 200 and Busa guys are above 200. My opinion is stock Busa vs's stock 1k (almost all 1k's) same weight rider (and skill) the Busa will win in the straights... but not by much. The 1k's are a blast to ride... very hyper feeling, like a Busa on crack. :laugh:

Agreed. I had a Ducati when I bought the Busa, but sold it shortly thereafter because it was so sooo bloody uncomfortable for this 51 year old body. If I was young enough to still hang off at obscene angles in the twisties and not care how I was blown around like a kite in the Texas wind, I'd take an R1 or an 1199 every time, but for me at least, the Busa is the perfect beast!

Bought the Busa for long trips had a 06 R1 and loved it was my favorite litre bike, but after doing a trip on the Busa and getting back on the R1 im afraid to say I sold it. The R1 that is :) , the Busa is way to comfortable and the power is second to none

I have owned a 02 GSXR 750, 03 GSXR 1000, 00 R1, and a 05 10R, so here is what I think... The 1K's are very quick bikes, but I always felt like I was on the razors edge with them. Due to the size and extra weight the busa just feals more stable. Like everyone said really comes down to rider... I know I was much faster of the line with my GSXR 750 than the 03 1K, just being able to hold the wheel down...

On the streets I would go with a liter bike: in and out under 150mph 1k is king.
Amateur level quarter mile race: 1k bikes and busas are equal.
Pass 150mph: Busa is king.
Professional level quarter mile racing: Busa is king.

I love my Gen2, and I love my ZX10R. My question is which is faster an 800cc MotoGP bike or a 1340cc Busa? hahahahaha! The "No replacement for displacement" does'nt always apply to all situations. Its all about how much money and technology you have....

Last edited:
A buddy of mine and I have this conversation a couple of times he rides 06 1k , this is my second busa I think as long as I am able to get my old a$$ on a bike I will always own a busa, but if I ever get the funds I would like to buy another Benelli Tre. Way fun to ride and as far as bike nights would go its not that often you can say you got the only one in two states:laugh:.

Back