Busa vs. Liter Bikes

In the quarter mile, A 150 lb guy on a small ZX10 or GSXR1K will typically smoke a 195 lb guy on a GenII Busa. Sure its an unfair comparison, but realisticly bigger guys are on the bigger bikes.

ZX10, 158 RWHP, 555 lbs total weight >>>calculates to 153 mph trap speed.
Gen II Busa, 190 RWHP, 745 lbs total weight >>>>calculates to 148 mph.

Now put the skinny guy on the Busa.
Gen II Busa, 190 RWHP, 700 lbs total weight >>>>>calculates to 151 mph.
ZX10 still accelerates harder with the same rider give some rough assumptions on weights.

I wouldn't take that bet. Those bikes with the right riders are fast.

solution simple only race fat guys on liter bikes....

ooohhh thats right there aren't to many cause they a little bit uncomfy for us rounder in the middle kind of guys:poke: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

in the real world....very few 1000 riders can ride. most just buy them because they wanted to look cool at the local bike nights and are more concerned about thier fresh ICON gear, than riding.

atleast thats what i have seen around here...

:laugh: What I've seen is somewhat backwards. Good riders will not get anything bigger than a 600 if that's their only bike. Most guys that ride busas that I rode with are possers when it comes to real riding. I ride my busa as a second bike for comfort, I honestly have more fun riding 600s or liter bikes on the track or twisties.

Well next year I'm buying my wife a GSX R 1000. I already told her i wanna see whats it like compared to my 08 Busa. she said " DUH " :rofl: . shes been on her 500 for 2 years now and is sick of being miles behind me when I take off. us Busa riders never just take off do we? :whistle: . LOL Ive takin my Busa to a track and at 170+ it feels good not unstable at all h3ll at 100 it's smooth.. so each is there own

:thumbsup:The 1000 gsxr is a great bike but I sold mine because it hurt to ride top speed on the street will be up to the rider so i just ride what feels good and still gives me a rush 2009 busa

Back