Busa vs. Liter Bikes

I have a couple friends with 08 gsxr 1000's and it is close on roll ons, but I walk them (stock gearing). Haven't ran any stock vs's stock they have mods and so do I. Changed the front sprocket yesterday and ran against one last night and pulled every time even more than before (2nd gear pulls). He has the Brock's full exhaust and pc3 stock filter with Brock's map, I weigh about 40lbs less them him. The 1k's aren't no joke, they feel faster then the Busa when on one. :laugh:

You went down 1 tooth in the front on a gen 2 right? What brand did you use and thats 17t right?

In all fairness, i have both but the 1ks with the same rider are just to close to call in a drag race, there is no guaranteed winner. I ran 9.teens with my stock wheel base piped 08 and just watched an 07 1k at the last race go 8.98@158. This was stock wheel base, foot shifted, with only minor head work. I also see busas and 14s running the same so its a wash in my mind, after maybe 160 or so the big bikes have the advantage but how often do we race at those speeds ???

I was at the weekly bike night this week and was approached by another rider. He complimented the Busa and told me he heard the Gsxr 1000 was faster, I told him it was definately quicker but the Busa was faster on the top end, but like you stated what everyday rider races these bikes to the top end. The liter bikes do not feel as stable at higher speeds, the Busa feels planted firm to the road imo.

To make all things equal, put a 100lb weight on the 1000 seat, then race. Busa will win every time.

Apples to oranges.

In the quarter mile, A 150 lb guy on a small ZX10 or GSXR1K will typically smoke a 195 lb guy on a GenII Busa. Sure its an unfair comparison, but realisticly bigger guys are on the bigger bikes.

ZX10, 158 RWHP, 555 lbs total weight >>>calculates to 153 mph trap speed.
Gen II Busa, 190 RWHP, 745 lbs total weight >>>>calculates to 148 mph.

Now put the skinny guy on the Busa.
Gen II Busa, 190 RWHP, 700 lbs total weight >>>>>calculates to 151 mph.
ZX10 still accelerates harder with the same rider give some rough assumptions on weights.

I wouldn't take that bet. Those bikes with the right riders are fast.

I take it that a 120-lbs girl onna Gen II stock 'busa with an addiction to acceleration and some skillz gonna be kickin' some butt. :lol:

I have always said that the 1K Supersports are a force to be reckoned with.

Mods being equal or stock being equal and rider skill level being equal,
who ever has the bad day would lose this race.

in the real world....very few 1000 riders can ride. most just buy them because they wanted to look cool at the local bike nights and are more concerned about thier fresh ICON gear, than riding.

atleast thats what i have seen around here...

Every forum I go to, besides here, they call Busa/ZX14 fat ugly hogs that they wouldn't be caught dead on. Bastards.:mad2:

They being GSXR.com, ZXforums, R6/R1 forums, CBR forums.

The bike just strikes me as a great 'do it all' bike, like the VFR, but with a hefty bit more power. What's not to love? I couldn't ride a liter bike for more than 45 minutes at a time with my 6 foot 6 self. Busa/ZX14/VFR with comfort mods sounds :drool::drooling3:

IN a state where everything is flat and no turns, I get to see Busas and 1ks run at high speeds on the e-way. I'd say Busas (i own a couple) can hold a note longer, than the 1ks. On a busa at 150,:thumbsup: it feels like things are stable and on the 1ks it's dancing. But on the track with the proper suspension setup and extension, all bets are off. IMO

What I've been hearing is that a hyper bike should edge out ant liter bike from a dead stop drag race. From even a mere 30 mph roll, the liter will pull ahead up to 180 mph at which time the larger bike will overtake it.

If I'm ever going to do over 180 mph some day, somewhere, I want to be on my 14 or a busa. Same goes for drag racing. If I'm doing high speed for a few hours straight, I sure don't want to try to do it on a liter bike for safety and comfort reasons. If you're into track days or some really agressive street riding, a liter bike is going to suit you better than a busa. The busa is a bit more noticable and impressive in traffic. It is bigger and IMO, it is much better looking than any of the liter bikes. One really nice thing about the 14 and the busa is that they don't seem to evolve much every couple years like the liter bikes. You can own a hyper bike and be confident that you own the best machine for many years.

Mythos

The busa and 14 come with tall gearing for high speeds, and lower rpm's at cruising speeds. But you gear either one down to liter bike gearing, and dump alot of the excess weight of the stock exhaust, and they'll scream :thumbsup:
On a side note....in traffic today I saw a guy on a gix 1000, it suprised me how cramped and far forward he was, the bike looked tiny, but the rider was a little guy....and he still looked cramped ::9
I'll stop complaining about my busa's comfort now :laugh:
No way in h*ll I could see my tall ass fitting on that for any length of time comfortably :rofl:

Last edited:
Im happy with 165mph right now, and dont really care if i get passed by a 1000cc bike. WHY? Cos he the one thats got something to prove NOT ME....

Is my bike faster, i dont care. Its mine and there are only 199 more like it. Not like the run of the mill mish mash of 1000cc phyco bikes out there that are 10 a penny.

And whats the point of going so fast, how the hell do you expect people to see the object of your obsesion when your going warp factor 10. Me i like to see how many heads it turns on the "Matlock Bath run" and when i get asked "How fast is it" i just say "I dont know, im not stupid enough to try and find out" that really confuse's them :rofl:

in the real world....very few 1000 riders can ride. most just buy them because they wanted to look cool at the local bike nights and are more concerned about thier fresh ICON gear, than riding.

atleast thats what i have seen around here...
why limit that to the liter bikes? :laugh:

i agree with KAMSIN. it's always the younger guys with the smaller bike that ask me how fast my Busa goes? i never ask how fast their bikes goes. plus when i do stop at a bike spot, others always comes over to the Busa and goes OOHH and AAHH. regular folks comes over to the busa and always tells me how nice it is, not how fast it is. 99% of the time i see the regular folks just walk by the 1k and so call hyperbikes anyways except the "RED DUCATI" every one stops for that bike. let the litre bike come for a long cruise and see how long it last. i can only ride my R1 for max 45min at a time. than i have to stop for a A$$ break. not my Busa. i can go and go at pretty high speed too.

Im happy with 165mph right now, and dont really care if i get passed by a 1000cc bike. WHY? Cos he the one thats got something to prove NOT ME....

Is my bike faster, i dont care. Its mine and there are only 199 more like it. Not like the run of the mill mish mash of 1000cc phyco bikes out there that are 10 a penny.

And whats the point of going so fast, how the hell do you expect people to see the object of your obsesion when your going warp factor 10. Me i like to see how many heads it turns on the "Matlock Bath run" and when i get asked "How fast is it" i just say "I dont know, im not stupid enough to try and find out" that really confuse's them :rofl:

I feel you on that one, just last night I had a guy on a gixxer750 ask that question, when I replyed that the reason i bought the biggest baddest bike I could find was so that I didnt have to show my ass to prove myself all the time, he tells me that he's been 173 on his...completely missing the point of the comment I had just made,lol.:whistle:

After doing the full Yosh exhaust, my Hayabusa now has about the same power to wet weight ratio as my '02 GSX-R1000. The GSX-R feels quicker but I don't know that it is. The GSX-R has a more raw feel to it where the Hayabusa is faster than it feels with the wider torque band and softer suspension. The brakes are much better on the GSX-R.

Posers buy both bikes - perhaps I am one of them - but there are great riders on both liter bikes and hyper bikes. There may be more squids on liter bikes but there are more out of shape big guys on hyperbikes - just my observation but I really don't care.

They are both fantastic bikes. The extra weight and longer wheelbase are why I got the Hayabusa for a bit more comfort on longer rides. With some soft bags it makes a great sport tourer when I want it to be without giving up performance. It really is a great do it all motorcycle with different but great looks IMO.

Every forum I go to, besides here, they call Busa/ZX14 fat ugly hogs that they wouldn't be caught dead on. Bastards.:mad2:

They being GSXR.com, ZXforums, R6/R1 forums, CBR forums.

Are you sure they weren't describing their wives or girlfriends or mothers...or boyfriends?:rofl::moon:

1/4 mile and top end advantage= busa. Overall quickness around town (or track) and fun factor=1k's

Back