Fastest Production bike?

I like real results not mag testing like our own Got - Busa example . There are a few top speed events and it almost always is a Hayabusa on top of the list and over 50% of the top 10 at any given top speed event. example 2013 Texas mile fastest factory stock last year was...
Sean Gustin 218.9 MPH Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa 1999 Inline Motor/ Factory Stock

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT - filter by vehicle type, the busa is well represented.

Seams like many people confuse Quick with Fast. Getting to the end of a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track first is Quick. I have never heard anyone claim the Busa is the quickest bike. And the tests at a drag strip are showing the quickest bike. I have a 1000 Gixer I run only on an 1/8 mile drag strip. It's quick. I have a Gen 1 Busa with the restrictions removed. It's fast. To me there's a big difference in Quick and Fast. You need to decide what you want to do and get the right tool for the job. Or be fortunate enough to have an understanding wife that will let you have all the right tools.

Here is my stock GPS speed of 198.4 copper busa. It is a lot lighter, but oherwise stock.

IMG_1394_1_.jpg

Seams like many people confuse Quick with Fast. Getting to the end of a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track first is Quick. I have never heard anyone claim the Busa is the quickest bike. And the tests at a drag strip are showing the quickest bike. I have a 1000 Gixer I run only on an 1/8 mile drag strip. It's quick. I have a Gen 1 Busa with the restrictions removed. It's fast. To me there's a big difference in Quick and Fast. You need to decide what you want to do and get the right tool for the job. Or be fortunate enough to have an understanding wife that will let you have all the right tools.

This!

As previously said, the speed restriction thing isn't 100% covered.
Bikes after the Gen-1 should all top out somewhere near the same
(Although some seem a little slacker than others) but there are several
bikes like the MV and Ducati Desmodici etc that were never speed restricted
and who's technology has moved on from the late 90's Hayabusa.

Was watching a video online of the BMW s1000rr and the rider had it topped out at 299km/h with 1000rpm left on tach, when I worked it out the theoretical top speed would have been 323km/h if unrestricted.

Back