Taking weight saving to max

c10

Registered
You have to admit to yourself when you hire a outside machine shop to make one off parts to save 2 ounces something might be off ;) Harold called today said my stuff was ready. He sent me a few pics of parts I requested.

Screenshot_20181113-145134.png

Screenshot_20181113-145201.png

Messaging1542142228773.jpg

Messaging1542142218632.jpg

Messaging1542142209874.jpg

c10 slims his bike down like a Victoria's secret model. I keep piling more and more poop on mine like an obese wack job lol. I always get pumped to see when and where he will shed more weight and I admire his obsession.

Wheels are next year. Titanium axles / swing arm pivot. See all little stuff is easy, lower cost / easy to hide purchases lol.
Just wait to see what I do next

Do you have a TOTAL number how much you saved so far? and whats the remaining total?

It takes big money to shed weight off the big components , everyone gains a lot generally from the exhaust change , then you start to spend on wheels etc. . To get more weight off you got to go much further , and the gains are individually small and costly , but put it all added together , you get more weight off than most ever will . Mike , C10 and myself are all relatively on to it !! :):thumbsup:

Do you have a TOTAL number how much you saved so far? and whats the remaining total?
More than the average bird owner, but not as much as Toad yet. Last weigh in was 530 with 4 gallons of fuel, and all racks on bike.
Currently redesigning my side racks to be deleted., but still have the V35 Givi bags.
Motus motorcycles had a great design I intend to implement on the Hayabusa

Helium in the tires? I was once looking at that frame and thinking I bet I could drill the frame and make this puppy lighter. Problem is there is no way to know where the load paths are in the frame, drill the wrong place and it will snap under load. Anyone ever seen someone drill the frame?

More than the average bird owner, but not as much as Toad yet. Last weigh in was 530 with 4 gallons of fuel, and all racks on bike.
Currently redesigning my side racks to be deleted., but still have the V35 Givi bags.
Motus motorcycles had a great design I intend to implement on the Hayabusa

how much did you start out with (weight)

Helium in the tires? I was once looking at that frame and thinking I bet I could drill the frame and make this puppy lighter. Problem is there is no way to know where the load paths are in the frame, drill the wrong place and it will snap under load. Anyone ever seen someone drill the frame?

little extreme...??!

Started out just like every new bird owner.
589. 1st change was shori battery.
Then emissions delete, slip on exhaust, to VH Header, to Titanium exhaust / carbon fiber can, top clamp change to Handlebars saved over 4 pounds.
Started digging out old titanium bolts, and just like my sub 400 pound street legal Zrx this started. However focus has been to keep comfort, and functions.

Back