Apex 6 Wheels weight vs stock video ;)

No he got out a long time ago Bill . Hes a big gamer in his spare time ( late night )

I guess it keeps him off the streets...I picked up a PS4 for the winter months but rarely play it.

Those mechanics work hard out in the bush...I served with an armored unit for a while and the guys on tanks were always busy as they were so maintenance heavy.

The BSTs are lighter where it counts, which is in the perimeter of the rim. If you are looking for the highest performing rim IMHO it is carbon fiber. This is both due to it's minimal perimeter weight and CF seems to flex in a good way in terms of handling. However on the street strength is an essential consideration and for the best compromise between strength, weight and yes cost it's clearly forged aluminum. Note that the advantage of CF over stock is huge, but the performance of BST vs. the Apex 6 wheels is much closer, so I went with the Core Moto's. If your primary goal is racing, go BST. If the primary role of your Busa is street riding, I would definitely go forged Al. Just my opinion and yes, you did ask!
:beerchug:

If you like carbon fiber wheels , I guess like me , you get them no matter what . But important thing is , to get what you can afford . A lighter than stock wheel is going to be great addition to your bikes handling , no matter what type you choose . Just have a look at how nicely machined and finished those Core Moto's are , they represent very good value all round .

The BSTs are lighter where it counts, which is in the perimeter of the rim. If you are looking for the highest performing rim IMHO it is carbon fiber. This is both due to it's minimal perimeter weight and CF seems to flex in a good way in terms of handling. However on the street strength is an essential consideration and for the best compromise between strength, weight and yes cost it's clearly forged aluminum. Note that the advantage of CF over stock is huge, but the performance of BST vs. the Apex 6 wheels is much closer, so I went with the Core Moto's. If your primary goal is racing, go BST. If the primary role of your Busa is street riding, I would definitely go forged Al. Just my opinion and yes, you did ask!
:beerchug:
Good explanation, I did not think about perimeter weight. My bike is mostly street so the 6’s would be best for me.
If you like carbon fiber wheels , I guess like me , you get them no matter what . But important thing is , to get what you can afford . A lighter than stock wheel is going to be great addition to your bikes handling , no matter what type you choose . Just have a look at how nicely machined and finished those Core Moto's are , they represent very good value all round .
How are your BST’s on the street? Cost-wise for a pound or 2 saving $1k is worth it for someone who will not see the strip much. I already have a money pit haha.
BST wheels are a few pounds lighter from all my research on the web . The front is only about 7 ounces lighter , but the rear is 1.5 lb over these
Awesome, their websites must post the weight without bearings and all. Rear you meant the BST’s are lighter, correct?

Good explanation, I did not think about perimeter weight. My bike is mostly street so the 6’s would be best for me.

How are your BST’s on the street? Cost-wise for a pound or 2 saving $1k is worth it for someone who will not see the strip much. I already have a money pit haha.
Awesome, their websites must post the weight without bearings and all. Rear you meant the BST’s are lighter, correct?
I'll have to find the link later but they were complete wheels minus rotors.

this is a GSXR 1000 2.20462 pounds per Kg so 4.638 =10.22 pounds for the rear
front is 2.380Kg = 5.24 pounds

So a BST set is 15.46 pounds vs APEX 6 @ 19 lb 6 oz

Wheel Type​
Wheel Dimensions​
Std Cast Aluminium​
BST Carbon Fibre​
Front​
17x3.50​
4.360 Kg​
2.380 Kg​
Rear​