Ram Jam weigh in!

c10

Registered
I'm a little disappointed of 515 seen in video.
All straps were 8 pounds to support the ordeal. Rear hump is 1 lb 10 oz .

True wet weight is. 508 Lb 10 Oz

Figure in FAT seat is 3 lb heavier than stock were still not sub 500 :(

Full length video in a few hours guys .

20191228_143804.jpg

20191228_135105.jpg

20191228_143754.jpg

20191228_135057.jpg

20191228_143817.jpg

20191228_141104.jpg

20191228_143808.jpg

20191228_135321.jpg

I figured out where my math error is on the high to mid 490's calculation . The addition of cruise control , Rear SW Motec rack , GPS / Radar mounts . Cruise is 4 or pounds xx ounces . Rear rack is steel sides / Alum top plate figuring its in the 3 to 4 pound range . The misc stuff is a pound with a few ounces .
So if I removed those items , put on the stock seat Ram Jam would be in the mid 490's

I figured out where my math error is on the high to mid 490's calculation . The addition of cruise control , Rear SW Motec rack , GPS / Radar mounts . Cruise is 4 or pounds xx ounces . Rear rack is steel sides / Alum top plate figuring its in the 3 to 4 pound range . The misc stuff is a pound with a few ounces .
So if I removed those items , put on the stock seat Ram Jam would be in the mid 490's
Add in your driving lights too.....

Yeah that's why I was looking at that 501 number I got and thinking that can't be right. To hit 501 the Ohlins forks would have to be a 20+ lb weight savings and I don't think that's the case. Not sure why the scales I used were so far off. Guess I won't be shipping anything with those guys. Nice rig up you did though B.

What this means is the greatly improved handling is almost totally due to the CoreMoto wheels. So if you just got your suspension setup right and bought these wheels (or any lighter wheels actually) you would have a dramatically improved motorcycle.

Willie is 501 what your bike weighed in at ? Core moto wheels only cut 8 lb 10 oz . Every little thing has added to how the bike handles . Wheels , and Penske rear shock were the two best . I forgot to mention RJ wears touring tires not the light / sticky super street or track day tires . Few pounds there over PR5's

My bike last got weighed on a local depot scale at 220kg . It was ridden in normal ride setup , straight from my mates dyno ( ZX14R was dyno'd ) shop directly across the road with fresh jerry can filled 12 liters of fuel .
Since then , it has had a couple of extra weight mods .

Considering a GSXR1k is around 448 lbs, getting a Busa to 485 lbs is excellent weight loss strategy.

The crazy thing is the GSXR has around 199 hp at the engine.

I'm happy with the weight of my bike is now.
It will never be a liter bike beater , all things equal , but it will out torque most on the open road , and be a bit of fun in the swervery for an old man to enjoy .

Back