True Front wheel weight Gen II ( pics )

c10

Registered
Ever wonder? No need now. Subtract one ounce for the lead weight. All bearings, and seals are installed. 2014 ABS wheel, and bonus 120/70/17 pilot power 3 2CT In the mix
DSC_1863.JPG
DSC_1864.JPG
DSC_1865.JPG
DSC_1866.JPG
DSC_1867.JPG
DSC_1868.JPG

I just fitted Michelin Pilot Power 3's to both wheels today.
Here's my Gen 1 wheel weights front and rear

Front wheel is 12.6Kg = 27.77825lbs

IMG_1775.JPG

Rear wheel is 15.1kg = 33.2898lbs
IMG_1774.JPG

So thats 27.7kg for both wheels, pretty heavy and that's without the sprock and carrier hub, whew!
I NEED light weight CF wheels ASAP, but the cost is up there.
I know how much better my bike would handle and turn... such a dilemma.
Does anyone know the weight of CF wheels with tires and rotors attached?
Lol 1st world problems huh! :rolleyes:
My cush drive rubbers are pillaged and it's 90 bucks for a set of OEM rubbers. Will replace ASAP.
The new Michelins were $419 delivered. What do you guys pay?
I just fitted 90deg valve stems also to make life a little easier when I'm checking/inflating my tyres. I have my own compressor at home so not having to use the gas stations buggered old inflator/gauge.

Last edited:
There is a new version of BST carbon rims , just released , pictured are of rear wheel for single sided swingarm motorcycles , but front wheel pic looks trick . There could be deals on the original 5 spoke or even this new type if you are lucky . I think the magnesium / aluminum race wheels available from various manufacturers might even offer more of a match in weight , but are also expensive . The forged aluminum would generally be the best value to weight of all options .
F143876600.png
F143876599.png

Back