Apex 6 Wheels weight vs stock video ;)

c10

Registered
Ok everyone here it is by the numbers . This is Gen 2 wheels off a ABS bike , but speed rings were removed . There could be a 1 or 2 ounce difference on Non-ABS Gen 2 wheels .

Stock wheels as follows

Front = 10 lb 13 ounces

Rear = 16 lb 13 ounces

Total combined = 27 lb 10 oz

New Apex 6 set # 18

Front = 7 lb 8 ounces

Rear = 11 lb 10 ounces ( 11 lb 9 oz with Titanium sprocket nuts )

Total 19 lb 2 oz

Weight saved 8 lb 8 oz ;)

Notes worth mentioning . Tire relief valley is deeper than stock wheels . This will make tire mounting easy especially on some of the stiffer side wall brand tires .
The heavy spot on both wheels is at the valve stem on the balance stand with no tire mounted up .
World wide bearings are AWESOME!!!

I wont have a ride review for a little bit due to 30,000 miles i'm servicing the forks with new seals, bushings , oil . Even though they are not leaking yet ! Most miles ever for me out of a set of fork seals . Parts will be in by end of week . Maybe i'll find time to get it done asap to give you guys a review .

Timely post-I'm looking to purchase as set of gold wheels for my newly purchased 2014 red Busa and will put these on the list to choose from.
I had my mind set on the Marchesini's 10 spoke, but they don't make wheels for the Busa anymore. Looking at Galespeed Type R's, OZ 6 spoke Gass RS's, and now these.

Were these love at first sight or were you looking at other wheels?

I like a lot of what I see from these wheels except maybe keeping them clean due to indention's hollow area's. Look forward to seeing more pictures of these on bikes, especially Busa's.

Timely post-I'm looking to purchase as set of gold wheels for my newly purchased 2014 red Busa and will put these on the list to choose from.
I had my mind set on the Marchesini's 10 spoke, but they don't make wheels for the Busa anymore. Looking at Galespeed Type R's, OZ 6 spoke Gass RS's, and now these.

Were these love at first sight or were you looking at other wheels?

I like a lot of what I see from these wheels except maybe keeping them clean due to indention's hollow area's. Look forward to seeing more pictures of these on bikes, especially Busa's.
Many other brands have same indents in spokes to clean . Yes these were what I desired over every model / brand . Blue collar man can't afford BST nor are they the best for my application touring across country .

Ok everyone here it is by the numbers . This is Gen 2 wheels off a ABS bike , but speed rings were removed . There could be a 1 or 2 ounce difference on Non-ABS Gen 2 wheels .

Stock wheels as follows

Front = 10 lb 13 ounces

Rear = 16 lb 13 ounces

Total combined = 27 lb 10 oz

New Apex 6 set # 18

Front = 7 lb 8 ounces

Rear = 11 lb 10 ounces ( 11 lb 9 oz with Titanium sprocket nuts )

Total 19 lb 2 oz

Weight saved 8 lb 8 oz ;)

Notes worth mentioning . Tire relief valley is deeper than stock wheels . This will make tire mounting easy especially on some of the stiffer side wall brand tires .
The heavy spot on both wheels is at the valve stem on the balance stand with no tire mounted up .
World wide bearings are AWESOME!!!

I wont have a ride review for a little bit due to 30,000 miles i'm servicing the forks with new seals, bushings , oil . Even though they are not leaking yet ! Most miles ever for me out of a set of fork seals . Parts will be in by end of week . Maybe i'll find time to get it done asap to give you guys a review .

c10 very beautiful wheels, excellent mod there!
Enjoy!

I think everyone here knows these wheels are the first to be released and that any more orders would be
about four weeks out. With this in mind, POWERHOUSE has a set of Apex 6 wheels in black (#19) for a
Gen 2 Busa, ready to ship out today for anybody not wanting to wait . . . after that, it will be a month before
we see more . . .

Back